Monitors/speakers for LP

Everything Phatty.
Pewt

Monitors/speakers for LP

Post by Pewt » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:09 pm

Hey I'm on the lookout for a pair of apartment sized speakers for my LP- any recommendations? Thanks.

llamastorm

Post by llamastorm » Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:38 am

Depends what you want I guess.

I ended up buying some KRK6 monitors at GC, though since they are monitors they don't spread out and fill up the room exactly like I'd like. Probably should have looked for some non-monitor speakers. I'm kind of drawn on them. This also requires an audio interface as they take phono outs.

Anyhow, you'll want something at least medium sized in order to get the bass out of your Moog -- regular computer speakers by themselves probably will distort and not have the bass response (Bin Shaker Preset For The Win!).

I am sure others will have better suggestions, but maybe that's a start.

kanker

Post by kanker » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:08 am

You want them to be as big as your building/complex or just your flat?
Little Phatty Tribute #0678

Zorn

Post by Zorn » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:36 pm

I use a pair of Genelec 8020. They are tiny but they sound huge.
They are the right choice for you room if you play at a decent volume and you want to hear moog's deep bass frequencies. A little expensive though...

Assar

Post by Assar » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:52 pm

Zorn wrote:I use a pair of Genelec 8020. They are tiny but they sound huge.
They are the right choice for you room if you play at a decent volume and you want to hear moog's deep bass frequencies. A little expensive though...
8020 is a nice speaker, but you won't hear the lowest frequences with them In that case you'll need a sub too.
8030 i definitely better (i've got a pair) but if you want just two stand monitors, no sub, and hear the lowest bass properly you'll need 8040.

It also depends on how big your room is. If it is a small room you won't hear the lowest frequences anyway. It takes a larger room to give resonance for low freq. There is a formula for for finding out the correlation between room size and freq, but I don't know it ...
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Little Phatty TE #1045 | Etherwave Theremin
Stockholm, Sweden - - - Listen at: assar.se

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||