Little Phatty 'Free Librarian' Holiday Promo

Everything Phatty.
Jazzpunk

Little Phatty 'Free Librarian' Holiday Promo

Post by Jazzpunk » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:15 pm

While it was certainly nice to see that Moog is looking to brighten the holidays for those about to purchase a Phatty, the e-mail notification I received announcing this special offer felt a bit like getting a lump of coal! :cry:

I'm not asking for a freebie but I don't think anyone here would complain about a little holiday discount for the rest of us.

What say you Santa Moog?
MF-102, MF-103, MF-107

Assar

Re: Little Phatty 'Free Librarian' Holiday Promo

Post by Assar » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:37 am

My reaction was more like "They know I have a LP, why do they send me this email? To make me buy another one or just to tease me?"
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Little Phatty TE #1045 | Etherwave Theremin
Stockholm, Sweden - - - Listen at: assar.se

Xenollop

Post by Xenollop » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:59 am

Same here...I got the email and had my spirits raised (I mean you would assume spending 1400 dollars would yield a free program worth $60).
But on further inspection of the website found it was for new purchasers.
I mean it's great for people buying one, it'll probably make the product EVEN more enticing...but it still really should be available to everyone.
Little Phatty Tribute #525, MF-102, MF-105, APC40, LPD8, Ibanez SR3000E Bass

Assar

Post by Assar » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:07 am

I don't expect it to be free for those of us who already bought an LP.
But I think they should think twice before sending out the email and no send it to us.

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:34 am

Could they be any more insensitive? I wish I had the software. Maybe I should have waited 11 months before buying my Phatty! :x
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

kanker

Post by kanker » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:38 pm

Yeah, guess I bought mine a month too early. I mean, you can't please all the people all the time, and offers like this do need cutoff dates, but a discount or some other consideration would be really cool. I didn't need a email telling me I bought their product too soon...
Little Phatty Tribute #0678

Extraborg

Post by Extraborg » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:22 am

kanker wrote:a discount or some other consideration would be really cool
I'm not sure Moog could begin discounting the librarian now. Would that be fair on the people who have already bought it?

Assar

Post by Assar » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:59 am

C'mon ...

When you buy a product, you can't expect it to never be sold cheeper (ok, less expensive) or under other conditions (bundled with other products etc). Of course it's not funny when it does, but that's life!

But what you should expect is that a company who knows you already bought the product don't throw it in your face with personally addressed information.
Still, this is not a big issue, just annoying. And a sign of a not very well planned campaign.

Over and out ...

crs.one

Post by crs.one » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:05 pm

eh, quit complaining and just buy another one. get that polyphony everyone's always talking about. you know you want to...
crs.one

PHC

Post by PHC » Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:56 pm

OK! C'MON! LET'S DO IT! ;-) 8 voice Phatty!

But what do I do with 7 copies of the Librarian? ;-) Gotta go figure that out first...

crs.one

Post by crs.one » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:31 pm

haha. i got a tickle from that, mostly because, in my head, that post was read by joe swanson from family guy.

i think you could sell some of the excess librarians on craigslist. you know, to pay off part of the mortgage you'll have to take out to buy 8 lp's.
crs.one

sergiovalente9

Is all about the money?

Post by sergiovalente9 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 5:38 pm

I buyed an LP SE on may. I start saving about 6 or 7 month and I finally can i buy my first hardware (and analog!) synth. I always want to have a moog, but the voyager is so expensive for me. I live in Argentina and 1 dollar is 3$ for us. And a lot of brand dealers (m-audio, roland, korg, etc. etc) doubles or triples the price in dollars. For example if an ozone is 200 dollars in Us, in my country is 500 dollars (that is 1500 in our mone). But Moog has a great great commercial policy and the prices are very very near to the US.

When I came home and start playing the Phatty, I feel that all the time saving money was well paid. It´s not only afforable, its sounds so phatt and warm that i felt in love at first time.

When the Editor cames out, I thinked "why i must to pay extra for an editor if another companies gives it for free?". After all If you don´t own the phatty the editor is useless.
But I rethinked the whole think. The advices from moog people in the forum, the powerfull and afforable synth that they made and I decide to buy the editor about 3 weeks ago. As Amos said they phatty is so easy to program that you don´t "need" the editor.
But I buyed it anyway. Its some way to support moog (and to thankz the great synth they made) and some visual guide to program presets and store and organize them. If U only buy a synth because it has a free editor, I think u don´t understand anything about synths.

For me was a lot of money (200 of our money) and its has some bugs. But Derek from Soundtower was so king that help me a lot with the editor (we exchange near 15 e-mails).

So people, stop crying. I think Phatty is a great synth, with or without the editor.

kanker

Post by kanker » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:17 pm

Extraborg wrote:
kanker wrote:a discount or some other consideration would be really cool
I'm not sure Moog could begin discounting the librarian now. Would that be fair on the people who have already bought it?
I guess my point is that it's just a really, really stupid marketing plan to tell people who already own your product that you're going to give something away to folks other than them unless they buy another one of your >$1200 product. I mean, even an 'oops' email would be something...
Little Phatty Tribute #0678

Modularfan

Post by Modularfan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:13 am

kanker wrote:I guess my point is that it's just a really, really stupid marketing plan to tell people who already own your product that you're going to give something away to folks other than them unless they buy another one of your >$1200 product. I mean, even an 'oops' email would be something...
Geez, people, its called a holiday incentive, and all retailers do it this time of year. "Buy one of these and we'll throw in XXX for free". These are usually limited-time offers that expire after a certain date. Of course, all manufacturers reserve the right to change or improve their product at any time as they see fit, add or take away features, adjust the price, etc. (you pays your money - you takes your chances).

An 'opps' email? Would you expect to get one from Sears if you you just bought a set of tools and then got a mass mailing from Sears that they were offering a free toolbox with each set of tools sold? I doubt it. But somehow you feel it's different for Moog?

Makes no sense to me.

Assar

Post by Assar » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:36 pm

Modularfan wrote:An 'opps' email? Would you expect to get one from Sears if you you just bought a set of tools and then got a mass mailing from Sears that they were offering a free toolbox with each set of tools sold? I doubt it. But somehow you feel it's different for Moog?

Makes no sense to me.
I don't know what "Sears" is, but the reason Moog have my email address is because I have registered my LP at their site. Maybe you don't do that at "Sears" ...