Oscilloscope within the Little Phatty Editor Librarian

Everything Phatty.
waxdoctor

Oscilloscope within the Little Phatty Editor Librarian

Post by waxdoctor » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:25 am

Hi Moogists,

I would be very great to have a graphical oscilloscope within the Little Phatty Editor Librarian - may be there is a way to program it and get it with any of the next updates.

Do not call me a dreamer ;)

All the best from Vienna.

waxdoctaaa

PHC

Post by PHC » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:06 am

A simple waveform from an oscilloscope is useless, but combined with a FTT harmonic analysis graph is the thing that we need, but on the other hand there are lot's of those freeware one the web. I use Fre(a)qscope or something like that. Use google. But it would be a nice feature.

waxdoctor

Post by waxdoctor » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:50 am

yeees - indeed...

...you have to know i'm a completely beginner on the anlogue synth - so i'm trying to make sounds... :cry:

...but without any good graphical wave/harmonic analysis tool i'm helpless (at the beginning - i guess)...

also many thx for your sw hint - but i couldn't found it for win or mac ox on the web... and how i get the signal for the analysis in - via the normal LINE IN plug (on pc / mac) i.e. i can play it live or do i have to record it first on the pc/mac?

waxdoctaaa

Assar

Post by Assar » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:59 am

Then LPEL have to take the audio signal that comes from the LP, in to the computer and on to the program, and anayze it.
From what I can see, today LPEL just communicates via MIDI, which doesn't handle audio signals.

I you want to analyze the audio signal from your LP, why not use some other available analyzing program? There must be a whole bunch of free programs to download ...
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Little Phatty TE #1045 | Etherwave Theremin
Stockholm, Sweden - - - Listen at: assar.se

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:44 pm

Yep, a scope would be most excellent.
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/