"The Synthesizer" by Roland

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
jamirokid

"The Synthesizer" by Roland

Post by jamirokid » Sat May 26, 2007 2:37 pm

This is not exactly about Moog but it pertains to analog stuff in general. I found this cool, 4 book set at a thrift shop and wondered if anybody knows anything about it. It is really useful things, explaining various patches, the svc-350 vocoder and a ton of other info.
Josh

monads

Post by monads » Sun May 27, 2007 3:43 am

Very cool. It was released to help users with their System 100M. The original 4 book collection was housed in a case (cardboard) cover. It's really a nice little collection and it can be hard to find a complete set in mint condition. I like these old analog synth books. So much good info and the theory hasn't changed much making it applicable today.

LWG

Re: Post Subject

Post by LWG » Sun May 27, 2007 6:20 pm

Hello,

Nice find! I got the first two (Practical Synthesis) when they were new and still have them. At the time, Roland also allowed you to buy them separately.
Although the set is based on the System 100M, the programming concepts are easily transferable to other systems. The patches can get elaborate, as some of them require two filter/two amplifier setups.

Regards,

Lawrence

jamirokid

Post by jamirokid » Wed May 30, 2007 5:54 pm

Thanks for all your info dudes! Yeah, these books are pretty great. There's a lot of info about making different patches, just like a "synthesizer" was "meant" to be programmed. haha Pick one up if you see them somewhere.
Josh