ARGGG! I AM PISSED!!!!!

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
thewaag

ARGGG! I AM PISSED!!!!!

Post by thewaag » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:27 pm

Just wanted to share this story with some folks that can appreciate my disappointment...... The average non-Mooger can't get the full effect.

Preface: Two of my absolute keyboard heros are Keith Emerson and Rick Wakeman. Duh--I wonder why that is?? I have been trying to find a way to get either of them to town in concert for the past year and a half.

I serve on the Board of Directors for the Oregon Music Hall of Fame. This is a relatively new organization that is holding an induction ceremony for our Hall of Fame inductees later this year. We have a venue, and are signing on talent for this gala affair.

Today I find out that the venue owner wanted to see if he could change dates on us. When we told him that it would be tough at this point, he said, "OK, no big deal. I had the opportunity to sign Jon Anderson and RICK WAKEMAN to a concert that same night.

Now, I don't think that Wakeman has been in town since he came through here with Gary Wright in the early '80's. Somebody will probably sign on Anderson and Wakeman for that night at a different venue, which will steal some of our audience, but worst of all, I won't be able to attend since I will be at the Hall of Fame function!!

Why is fate so cruel??

Anyway, for your old prog rockers, sounds like Wakeman and Anderson might be making the circuit late in 2007..........

SNIFF! Please, somebody feel my pain!
Thanks Bob!!

magnet

pain

Post by magnet » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:27 am

I feel your pain. It seems to be residing in my lower back.

Sounds like it's time for one of those "two places at once" spells...
-me.-
Voyager PE/ Frostwave Fatcontroller Seq./ Korg Dw-8000/Little Phatty Tribute #188/Korg EX-8000/KP3-Kaoss Pad/ EH Deluxe Memory Man delay effect/Peavy KB-100 amp

mee3d

Post by mee3d » Tue May 08, 2007 10:09 am

Actually Rick does the Comedy TV show stuff in the UK because he's broke ... it's rather sad really, other then the fact that he is actually genuinly funny. I doubt very much he gets paid much to appear on a BBC quizshow or to host the London Comedy Club.

Having been a longtime UK, RW fan it's funny to note that his UK TV appearances coincide with his many divorces!

Since about 2003 he has been on the road or in the studio, working quite hard and playing many smaller venues in the UK so I beleive if he could make a gig he would!
http://www.mee3d.com
3d animation & compositing | multimedia design & production | web design & development | dvd authoring & encoding | audio surround mixing & composition