Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney

Amos

HOORAY

Post by Amos » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:28 pm

It's here! :D

Click here for the direct download! (Tribute Edition only - Stage update is coming momentarily.)

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:45 pm

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) 8)
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

cheveux.boucles

Post by cheveux.boucles » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:13 pm

well said!
Moog LP TE

Guzzy

Post by Guzzy » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:48 pm

Can't update from Cubase 4.0, it can't handle sysex files ..haha
:-o

cheveux.boucles

Post by cheveux.boucles » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:22 pm

I'm using midi-ox and I am still getting a "stage one error cycle power" message, even with the correct buffer settings. I've tried redoing the update over and over...anything else?
Moog LP TE

dlearyus

Post by dlearyus » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:48 pm

update with midiox went smoothly....perhaps try a "Factory Reset" or try loading v1.02d back in and try again...good luck :)
thnx amos....and bob ;)

TE#585

calyx93

Post by calyx93 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:50 pm

For someone who really isn't all that well versed on sysex - how exactly do I update my LP easily and reliably without screwing anything up? I'm sure I should save my patches, but what's the best way of doing this? I'm using a new Intel iMac - in case that helps with direction.

Thanks! Like you all, I'm absolutely thrilled to add new functionality and want to do the upgrade without any hitches.

Amos - will my previous LP patches sound the same after the update? I've been seeing that recalibration is in order - hence the question.

EDIT - FYI, I'm still running the first OS - do I need to install one (the last update) before the other?
Last edited by calyx93 on Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I have stretched ropes from steeple to steeple; garlands from window to window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance.” - Rimbaud

cheveux.boucles

Post by cheveux.boucles » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:28 pm

i can't press any buttons... well, i can, but nothing happens... I'm going to try again, thanks for your help!
Moog LP TE

goldphinga

Post by goldphinga » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:23 pm

for intel macs download sysex librarian. its very easy to use and has been 100% solid for me on my intel mac core2 duo.

go here for the software:

http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/

Then follow moogs instructions for the download/install

:O)
Moog Gear: Voyager AE,LP Stage 2+CV outs (Blue LED's/Wheels, MF104SD, MF101 Filter, MF103 Phaser, Source, Memorymoog+, Minitaur.

Amos

Post by Amos » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:22 pm

If anyone is following all the instructions and still getting errors,

I have seen this sort of problem before
and the quickest solution was obtained by using a different MIDI interface.

Who knows why; some systems are just cranky I guess.

If you have any USB MIDI controllers (like an Oxygen keyboard, X-session knobby box or other USB device with a MIDI out port), check and see if the USB device can be selected as a MIDI output for MIDIOX or SysEx Librarian. I've had the transfer work using these cheap gadgets when people's fancy studio MIDI interfaces weren't doing it.

Oh and also - you should be able to update to the new firmware from any previous version.

MarkM

Post by MarkM » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:25 pm

No problem with MidiOx and a M-Audio Midisport 2x2.
Mark Mahoney
http://www.reverbnation.com/markmahoney
www.cdbaby.com/cd/mmahoneympeck
www.cdbaby.com/cd/markmahoney

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:54 pm

I always seem to have probs with my Edirol UA-20 but finally got the LP updated. What happens if I DON'T do step 5?

5. In the LP’s Master Menu, navigate to the System Utilities page. Press the CURSOR to enter into the System Utilities menu and scroll to the ‘Restore Factory’ option (for more on the Restore Factory op tion, see page 16). Press ENTER and choose ‘YES’ when you see the ‘You Sure?’ prompt.

Will it change my settings I've had before?
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Amos

Post by Amos » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:26 am

If you don't load the factory defaults after performing the OS update, Random Funky Stuff could happen.

I don't recommend skipping this step.
What it does in the main part is make sure that every new parameter that did not previously exist under the old OS, is properly loaded with a sensible value. If you don't do this, the OS will act flaky if it encounters a non-initialized memory location or invalid parameter value.

If you forgot to back up your patches and are worried about losing them,
you can still export all your patches as SysEx after you do the update and before you load the defaults.
The SYSTEM RESTORE operation *will* overwrite your presets, so be sure to back up any originals beforehand so you don't lose your work.

Other global settings like MIDI channels will be restored to defaults, but there aren't many global settings to put back. Some stuff that used to be global, like filter velocity response and number of filter poles, is now saved per-patch like it should be. :)

Answer to Calyx's question: Your patches will sound as much "the same" as any patches will sound before and after re-tuning an analog synth. This means that if you had dialed in precise tuning between oscillators, you may need to make minor adjustments afterwards to get exactly the same interval between them again. Aside from this sort of minor adjustment, they'll sound the same. Now, start playing with the new Advanced Preset parameters and make some *really* new sounds! :D rock

burdboy

Post by burdboy » Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:41 pm

the update appeared to go smoothly, but after it "rebooted" after stage 2, it just says "send firmware sx". When I power cycle it, it displays the new version number, then goes back to the "send firmware sx" message.I've tried loading 1.02d back on, and the same thing happens. I'm out of ideas, and any help is greatly appreciated!

I'm using a PC with MIDI-OX through a M-Audio Project Mix I/O.