S&H and Noise mod for the phatty

Everything Phatty.
CTRLSHFT

Re: Pot Mapping

Post by CTRLSHFT » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:14 am

kumasynthtones wrote:I just want to make sure I understand, does this mean that I will be able to assign for example the rez and cutoff on any of the 4 different knobs and use them both at same time? :D
preeeecisely!

hopefully this particular data we can save per patch as well! :)
www.ctrlshft.com

DeFrag

Post by DeFrag » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:52 am

If we remap a function to another knob, obviously we'd lose that knobs originality. So what knobs are you typically willing to lose? Also, what functions are most common or practical to map?
Little Phatty TE #1023 • Schrittmacher • Walking Stick ribbon • Korg microXL/Electribe MX/KaossPro • Sonnus G2M
MF-101 Filter • MF-102 Ring • MF-103 Phaser • MF-104Z Delay • MF-105 MuRF • MF-107 FreqBox • MF-108M Cluster • Etherwave
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:18 pm

DeFrag wrote:If we remap a function to another knob, obviously we'd lose that knobs originality. So what knobs are you typically willing to lose? Also, what functions are most common or practical to map?
if one already has a patch made up, i'd think you're not really losing that much..

as far as the most common tweaks are concerned, i'd put my money on stuff like cutoff/rez/osc 2 freq/filter attack/filter decay. of course this different for each person, but you can see this would open up huge doors for real time tweaking while recording/playing live/running sequences.
www.ctrlshft.com

kumasynthtones

Post by kumasynthtones » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:32 pm

This is fantastic, I can't wait to download the new upgrade. Loosing the originality of the knobs does not bother me one bit. Like CTRLSHIFT said, this will open huge doors in real time tweaking while in a live setting and recording. Now, if I had 6 hands than maybe I should be concerned. What? LOL. If I had 6 hands, I better have 6 dicks also. LOL I don't know doooood, I think Im losing my mind.

Amos

Post by Amos » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:19 pm

Pot Mapping: Yes you can assign Resonance and Cutoff (or any other parameter) to any knob, but I recommend using Pot Mapping for Resonance and leaving Cutoff to the Filter section so that you can take advantage of RAC mode for your cutoff tweaks. Due to its arbitrary nature, Pot Mapped controls can only use the scanned values from the pots and not the physical voltage running thru them. This is not shabby; I think you're still getting 14-bit resolution via pot mapping. But for filter sweeps it should be 100% analog... resonance it's not so crucial.

ALSO! you do not lose any functionality; you can assign a Pot Mapping destination for each of the four analog pots and switch back and forth between the Mapped function and any of the pot's normal destinations with a single button-press.

Not only are custom Pot Mappings saved per-patch, as with any other knob setting the patch saves what is currently active... so if you want to set up a patch that is ready-to-go with Cutoff selected in the Filter section and for example Resonance mapped to the EGR pot and active, you can do that... w00t it's acid sequence time! (actually I usually map Resonance to the Osc. or Modulation knob since I'm right-handed)

ALSO ALSO, you can use Pot Mapping to assign any of the four main pots to send *any* MIDI CC, so you can create presets for controlling your favorite softsynths or plugins from the LP... purty cool.

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:28 pm

Ok when for us Tribute owners?
http://www.myspace.com/sirdsssound
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Scott_Stone

CTRLSHFT

Post by CTRLSHFT » Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:22 pm

Amos wrote:Pot Mapping: Yes you can assign Resonance and Cutoff (or any other parameter) to any knob, but I recommend using Pot Mapping for Resonance and leaving Cutoff to the Filter section so that you can take advantage of RAC mode for your cutoff tweaks. Due to its arbitrary nature, Pot Mapped controls can only use the scanned values from the pots and not the physical voltage running thru them. This is not shabby; I think you're still getting 14-bit resolution via pot mapping. But for filter sweeps it should be 100% analog... resonance it's not so crucial.

ALSO! you do not lose any functionality; you can assign a Pot Mapping destination for each of the four analog pots and switch back and forth between the Mapped function and any of the pot's normal destinations with a single button-press.

Not only are custom Pot Mappings saved per-patch, as with any other knob setting the patch saves what is currently active... so if you want to set up a patch that is ready-to-go with Cutoff selected in the Filter section and for example Resonance mapped to the EGR pot and active, you can do that... w00t it's acid sequence time! (actually I usually map Resonance to the Osc. or Modulation knob since I'm right-handed)

ALSO ALSO, you can use Pot Mapping to assign any of the four main pots to send *any* MIDI CC, so you can create presets for controlling your favorite softsynths or plugins from the LP... purty cool.
I don't think I could be any more psyched at this point about an OS update. This is seriously awesome Amos. :)

p.s. In regards to the second mod destination: Is the modulation fixed at the same shape as whatever the setting is on the LFO? Just curious as it'd be crazy fun to put something like a slow tri wave on the waveshape, and s&h or noise on the pitch destination.

if so, can the second destination be the same as the first (cross modulation of one parameter)? this would be fun. :D
www.ctrlshft.com

thewaag

Post by thewaag » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:17 pm

OK, I am new to the Moogerfooger club, but was considering the purchase of a CP-251 to go along with my LP.

Does the new OS make the purchase of a CP-251 unwarranted?
Thanks Bob!!

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:20 pm

I would say no...

A CP-251 will only deepen the experience of wilder sounds. Get one of those too.
http://www.myspace.com/sirdsssound
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Scott_Stone

calyx93

Post by calyx93 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:06 pm

sir_dss wrote:Ok when for us Tribute owners?
Yes - when? ::salivating::
“I have stretched ropes from steeple to steeple; garlands from window to window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance.” - Rimbaud

Nick Montoya

Post by Nick Montoya » Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:46 pm

sir_dss wrote:Ok when for us Tribute owners?
hey dave..

Cyril has to work out a few issues and then do beta testing on the TE LP...
He said 3 or 4 weeks, but don't hold me (or him for that matter) to it.. More issues may arise, but knowing how much of a total genius Cyril is, he'll probably have it done in no time @ all.. He works insane hours on this stuff :)

We Love you Cyril!!!

(BTW.. It was nice seeing you @ NaMM Dave ! Glad Joey is getting a Voyager too :) ... )
http://www.thevoltperoctaves.com

http://www.myspace.com/thevoltperoctaves

http://www.moogmusic.com/artists/?cat_id=28

rachel

Post by rachel » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:39 pm

I am so looking forward to this! The pot mapping is very cool. I bought my LP to do duble duty
as master controller and so pot mapping is an essential feature. I had no ide it could be assigned
per patch. That is more powerful than many other "boutique" synths like the Virus and so on....

rachel