Issue with Mixer out/Filter in on Voyager

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
dirt

Issue with Mixer out/Filter in on Voyager

Post by dirt » Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:25 pm

My apologies if this has been answered, I have read the manual for my Voyager and I did search the forums. But I seem to be having an issue with utilising the Mixer out/Filter in input on my Voyager.

Now I am using a TRS cable as the forums and manual suggests, what’s peculiar is this:

*plug it in, no sound from voyager - which makes sense because it breaks the connection between osc/filter to allow an external processor.

*I connect an effects pedal (I’ve got a box full so tried basically a bunch of things) and still no sound.

*if I plug either of those mono connections from the TRS to the mixer, I hear the oscillators - no filter but from either one? And with one being send and one receive this seems odd?

So is this input fooged ? Or is there something bloody obvious I’m just missing?

Acid Mitch

Re: Issue with Mixer out/Filter in on Voyager

Post by Acid Mitch » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:24 am

dirt wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:25 pm My apologies if this has been answered, I have read the manual for my Voyager and I did search the forums. But I seem to be having an issue with utilising the Mixer out/Filter in input on my Voyager.

Now I am using a TRS cable as the forums and manual suggests, what’s peculiar is this:
Are you definterly using a standard insert cable ?
It should have a TRS connection at one end that splits into two cables with TS connections at the other end. The TRS end goes to the Voyager mix out and the TS ends go to the input and ouput of the device you are connecting to.
dirt wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:25 pm *plug it in, no sound from voyager - which makes sense because it breaks the connection between osc/filter to allow an external processor.
That is correct.
dirt wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:25 pm *I connect an effects pedal (I’ve got a box full so tried basically a bunch of things) and still no sound.
Do the pedals you are connecting accept line level and are you connecting the send (tip) to the pedal input and return (ring) to the pedal output ?
dirt wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:25 pm *if I plug either of those mono connections from the TRS to the mixer, I hear the oscillators - no filter but from either one? And with one being send and one receive this seems odd?
That does not seem correct. You should only hear the oscillators coming from one of those connections ( the send/ tip) . You should not hear the filter from any of those connections . You need to monitor the main outs (or headphone out) to hear the filter.
If you are hearing the oscillators out both sides of the insert cable then it makes me think you are not using the correct cable or the cable is faulty. Do you have another insert cable to test with ?