M32 into DFAM Assignable insanity

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
liquidwisdom

M32 into DFAM Assignable insanity

Post by liquidwisdom » Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:25 pm

Patching Mother to DFAM via assignable output into adv/clock.
Assignable output is set to #2 (Sequencer Clock Default).
When I press RUN/STOP the DFAM plays at about 5 times the speed. I've tried switching all Assignable options but nothing works...?

Any suggestions? Thanks everyone!

synthpeter

Re: M32 into DFAM Assignable insanity

Post by synthpeter » Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:54 am

According to the DFAM and M32 manuals, that's indeed the way to do it (assignable output to #2 clock to adv/clock on the DFAM), so it's probably something else, and that's difficult to diagnose without seeing what else is going on..

I'd suggest to start simple, remove all other connections to/from the DFAM and M32 (except their supplies of course, but including mixers, effects, MIDI, etc) to make sure that something else is not interfering. If it works now, then one by one add the other connections until it starts acting up.

liquidwisdom

Post by liquidwisdom » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:59 pm

synthpeter wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:54 am According to the DFAM and M32 manuals, that's indeed the way to do it (assignable output to #2 clock to adv/clock on the DFAM), so it's probably something else, and that's difficult to diagnose without seeing what else is going on..

I'd suggest to start simple, remove all other connections to/from the DFAM and M32 (except their supplies of course, but including mixers, effects, MIDI, etc) to make sure that something else is not interfering. If it works now, then one by one add the other connections until it starts acting up.
Hi Peter,

Thanks for the response. This is definitely happening when the neither are plugged into anything else as well as nothing being plugged in to any of the patch bays or midi. It also happens when I use the assignable Output to sync with my Roland TR-06. Interestingly enough, when I change the Assignable Output option to $3 (clock /4) is slows down to about clock x4. So the internals seem to be working, but it thinks the tempo is way faster than what is set with the knob/blinking tempo light.

liquidwisdom

Post by liquidwisdom » Mon Mar 04, 2024 9:50 pm

I figured it out - maybe someone in the future can benefit from this:

Global Settings, Page 8: On/Off Parameters
Make sure 1 & 2 green lights are turned off if you are only using the internal clock of the M32

Both 1 & 2 were set to ON and this caused my assign output jack to have major seizures.