Moog One Firmware Upgrade.

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
HookedOnSonics

Moog One Firmware Upgrade.

Post by HookedOnSonics » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:59 am

First and foremost ... Happy New Year!!!

Curious if anyone had any contact with Asheville to see if a Moog One Firmware update is still being developed? I remember seeing something on this forum that development was underway.

I noticed that Sweetwater still has a couple in stock.

Finally, kind of interesting how Keyboard manufactures have been quite or least it seem that way leading up to Namm.
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

Phileosophos

Re: Moog One Firmware Upgrade.

Post by Phileosophos » Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:37 am

I saw a comment in a different thread (which alas I cannot now find again) from someone who claimed to have reliable knowledge that at least one more firmware update was still being worked. That's the best I can offer on that point. As to Sweetwater, they have one less as of a month-plus ago when I bought mine. I'm thrilled with it, regardless of whether I ever get another firmware update. If you're on the fence because of all the negative reviews, as I was for years, you might want to think about grabbing one while you still can. Just a thought.

Aaron Anderson

Post by Aaron Anderson » Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:18 pm

As for Sweetwater, I bought mine less than a month ago. I'm very happy with it, regardless of whether I get any basic software updates or not.run 3

Phileosophos

Post by Phileosophos » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:08 pm

I bought mine a couple months ago from Sweetwater and am also glad I did, whether get another firmware update or not. The thing is a beast!

rtcstudio

Post by rtcstudio » Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:07 pm

A post yesterday in the Moog One Users Group on Facebook said:

“One last final OS upgrade is due soon”

till

Post by till » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:58 pm

rtcstudio wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:07 pm A post yesterday in the Moog One Users Group on Facebook said:

We heard this for over an year now, just after some 1.5 bugs where discovered. Which source on Facebook? An official claim by Moog or by someone else?

And I sent them mails about the key range not with one octave offset in the main window more than 4 years ago, it is still not fixed. And this is most likely one of the easiest to fix bugs. I would love to see the keyboard split points where they are, and not the way they are shown one octave wrong.

I am not impressed about their customer care. I had three years of out off tune bass range after updating to 1.04. Before the update the tuning was perfect. Just with the release of version 1.5 came the user access to the full calibration.

And I am still waiting for a Moog Taurus III update to give dotted and tipple notes in the arpeggiator without having to install either one or another firmware version. And their promise of releasing the full SysEx specs of the MultiPedal never happened.

I heard way to many promises that were never fulfilled by Moog.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

rtcstudio

Post by rtcstudio » Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:39 pm

till wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:58 pm
rtcstudio wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 12:07 pm A post yesterday in the Moog One Users Group on Facebook said:

We heard this for over an year now, just after some 1.5 bugs where discovered. Which source on Facebook? An official claim by Moog or by someone else?

And I sent them mails about the key range not with one octave offset in the main window more than 4 years ago, it is still not fixed. And this is most likely one of the easiest to fix bugs. I would love to see the keyboard split points where they are, and not the way they are shown one octave wrong.

I am not impressed about their customer care. I had three years of out off tune bass range after updating to 1.04. Before the update the tuning was perfect. Just with the release of version 1.5 came the user access to the full calibration.

And I am still waiting for a Moog Taurus III update to give dotted and tipple notes in the arpeggiator without having to install either one or another firmware version. And their promise of releasing the full SysEx specs of the MultiPedal never happened.

I gave you the Facebook group, you can easily check it yourself, even ask the poster these questions. The poster has inside company contacts, so pretty reliable. Plus the fact that it’s touted as the last update actually lends credence to me. But there is no list as to what will be fixed. I’m hoping for a pretty comprehensive fix list.

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:20 pm

rtcstudio wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:39 pm
till wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:58 pm

I gave you the Facebook group, you can easily check it yourself, even ask the poster these questions. The poster has inside company contacts, so pretty reliable. Plus the fact that it’s touted as the last update actually lends credence to me. But there is no list as to what will be fixed. I’m hoping for a pretty comprehensive fix list.
Is the link still active? if so, can you post it, thanks!!!
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

rtcstudio

Post by rtcstudio » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:49 am

HookedOnSonics wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 5:20 pm
Is the link still active? if so, can you post it, thanks!!!
Just look at the FaceBook groups “Moog One Users” and “Moog One Owners”. There’s also one called “Moog One”. It’s discussed in various posts, the most recent being the Users group.

AlakaLazlo

Post by AlakaLazlo » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:17 pm

I wrote to Moog customer service asking about whether there was a firmware update coming. Here is there response:

Yup, that's right. Nothing (other than the confirmation they got the request). Nothing.

6 years and I still have major issues with a flagship instrument.
Unforgivable. :evil:
Moog IIP, One 16V and MiniMoog, DotCom/FSFX/Moon/STG 110, Cubase 12Pro, Ableton Live 10/64, RME UFX+, 2xMR816, MioXL, Expressionist, Cirklon, Analog Rytm Mk II, Axon AX50, Customized Variax JTV69s (the Hexstainocaster), Strat, Godin ACS Slim, Helix.

macteacher

Post by macteacher » Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:19 pm

it's the "one last final" part that makes it interesting.....

Is it truly headed out to pasture?

Audiorate

Post by Audiorate » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:04 pm

FW 1.5 has an annoying bug where toggling unison resets output routing.
Where's the best place to report this?

Pencilcase

Post by Pencilcase » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:27 pm

I sent a message last summer (August 2023) asking about notes hanging etc and they replied that yes, they were working on a new firmware.

My message:

Good morning, I would like to communicate that in the Moog One still has the same problem for some time, and I wanted to report it in case there is no record of this bug, using it from Cubase, when I play fast arpeggiated melodies (1/16) (hardtrance or trance) at about 150-180 bpm. For some reason, a note always freezes and keeps on sounding.... etc...

That was his answer:

We continue to work through the outstanding user issues with the Moog One and address what we can! I'll make sure this is on our firmware team's radar as they develop the next update!

Just in case it's important, I'm hoping they'll fix the midi problems, notes hanging and others.

AlakaLazlo

Post by AlakaLazlo » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:23 am

AlakaLazlo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:17 pm I wrote to Moog customer service asking about whether there was a firmware update coming. Here is there response:

Yup, that's right. Nothing (other than the confirmation they got the request). Nothing.

Update: After a few angry calls and letters, and some help from my SW rep and an ex-Moog employee, my One is on its way back to Ashville (for the second time). I firmly believe that, in addition to the firmware midi issues, mine has had hardware problems since new.
I was told that there was a firmware upgrade coming late Q2 or early Q3. No info as to any further upgrades or future support.
Moog IIP, One 16V and MiniMoog, DotCom/FSFX/Moon/STG 110, Cubase 12Pro, Ableton Live 10/64, RME UFX+, 2xMR816, MioXL, Expressionist, Cirklon, Analog Rytm Mk II, Axon AX50, Customized Variax JTV69s (the Hexstainocaster), Strat, Godin ACS Slim, Helix.

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:16 pm

AlakaLazlo wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:23 am
AlakaLazlo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:17 pm I wrote to Moog customer service asking about whether there was a firmware update coming. Here is there response:

Update: After a few angry calls and letters, and some help from my SW rep and an ex-Moog employee, my One is on its way back to Ashville (for the second time). I firmly believe that, in addition to the firmware midi issues, mine has had hardware problems since new.
I was told that there was a firmware upgrade coming late Q2 or early Q3. No info as to any further upgrades or future support.
Curious, what is the hardware issue?