Matriarch left channel weirdness

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
yaikaplays

Matriarch left channel weirdness

Post by yaikaplays » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:44 pm

Hey folks,

I've already contacted a service centre about this but thought I'd check if anyone else has had this issue. I noticed recently that I'm not getting any sound from the oscillators through the left channel of my Matriarch. It's not an issue with the channel itself because sound processed through the delay is coming through the left channel, but the sound of the oscillators pre-delay is only coming through the right side. I've checked both headphone and main output; same issue with both. I unpatched every cable just in case but nothing had an effect. Anyone heard of this happening or had it happen? Cheers

TingxoGamchu

Re: Matriarch left channel weirdness

Post by TingxoGamchu » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:12 am

I haven't encountered that specific issue on the Matriarch myself, but don't worry, your service center approach is definitely wise. However, here are some additional things you could try in the meantime:

Double-check cable connections: While you mentioned checking cables, ensure they're secure and in the correct sockets, especially within the Matriarch itself. Sometimes a slightly loose connection can cause channel dropouts.

Perform a factory reset: The Matriarch has a factory reset option (Menu > System > Factory Reset). This can potentially rectify any internal software glitches contributing to the issue. Remember to back up any custom settings beforehand.

Test with different sound sources: Try routing sound from external sources (mixer, keyboard) through the Matriarch. If the problem persists, it narrows down the issue to the Matriarch itself.

Investigate online forums: Search online communities and forums dedicated to the Moog Matriarch. Other users might have experienced similar issues and found solutions you can try.

Stay in touch with the service center: Keep the service center informed of any troubleshooting attempts and their results. This helps them diagnose the issue and provide efficient support.

Remember, while troubleshooting can be frustrating, staying patient and methodical often leads to a solution. Hopefully, this issue gets resolved swiftly!