No sound in DAW with Subsequent 25

Everything Sub.
triibu

No sound in DAW with Subsequent 25

Post by triibu » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:54 am

Hello!

I have connected my subsequent 25 to PC via usb, updated the firmware, downloaded the drivers and editor. The editor knobs are turning and it seems to be connected, yet when i try connecting the synth with FL (i have to close the editor to use it in FL, i have no clue how to use them together), it is getting input from the keys but no sound is coming. I am also very new to synths and don't really know what i could be doing wrong :cry:

Any help would be so appreciated!

till

Re: No sound in DAW with Subsequent 25

Post by till » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:34 am

Maybe you assume, the Subsequent is sending audio over USB. Most synths don't do this. They use USB for MIDI. So audio cables and a mixer/audiointerface and so on is needed. Maybe try using the headphones connected to the Subsequent.

But if you know this, there is maybe just a setting not done right.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16

BhambriRohunu

Post by BhambriRohunu » Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:43 am

Confirm that the synth is set to the correct MIDI channel: Open the MIDI settings in FL Studio and make sure that the Subsequent 25 is set to the same MIDI channel as the MIDI track you are using.
In the synth's editor, make sure that the output is set to the desired output device.
In the mixer, ensure that the input for the MIDI track is set to the Subsequent 25.
Sometimes, a faulty MIDI cable can cause issues. Try using a different cable to rule out this possibility.
Check for updates to FL Studio: Make sure that FL Studio is up to omeglz date. Sometimes, updates can fix compatibility issues with certain MIDI devices.
Check for updates to the synth's firmware: There may be a firmware update that addresses the issue you are experiencing.
Last edited by BhambriRohunu on Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

jeffreyschindler

Post by jeffreyschindler » Wed Jan 17, 2024 2:22 am

A possible solution is to ensure that the Subsequent 25’s audio output is connected to your audio interface. The Editor only sends and receives MIDI over USB, as the Subsequent 25 does not transmit audio over USB. To record sound in your DAW, you must connect the Subsequent 25’s audio output to your audio interface.
I'm Jeffreyuno online