Subsequent 37 Audio passing with filter closed?

Everything Sub.
lmuckler

Subsequent 37 Audio passing with filter closed?

Post by lmuckler » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:54 am

I just got a Subsequent 37 and so far, I’m not totally getting along with it. I’m coming from a Grandmother, so everything is pretty different. I’ve noticed that even with the filter all the way closed, I’m still getting quite a bit of high end coming through sometimes.

This is happening when the EG is up and the filter sustain is up higher, regardless of slope. Coming from the Grandmother, I’m used to just having a single envelope control - is this normal behavior for a synth with separate filter and amp envelopes?

I’m so used to dialing in sounds super quickly with the Grandmother, but I’m struggling to get anything to feel anywhere near as fat with the Subsequent.

till

Re: Subsequent 37 Audio passing with filter closed?

Post by till » Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:13 am

Even if the cutoff is all the way down, the filter envelope is able to open it, if the envelope amount is high enough. And when the sustain is not zero, it will stay open. This is normal.
Also Filter tracking (the keyboard) opens up the filter a bit too, but this is on most synths not enough to open the fully closed filter.
keep on turning these Moog knobs

Sequence:
Prodigy * minimoog '79 * Voyager * MF102 * MF103 * MF104z * MP201 * Taurus 3 * Minitaur * Sub Phatty * MF105 * Minimoog 2017+ MUSE * One 16