Preset Packs for Moog One

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Platt E. Puss

Preset Packs for Moog One

Post by Platt E. Puss » Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:09 pm

Can anyone recommend some preset packs for the Moog One? I love the synth, but the factory presets aren't very inspiring. I've created a few presets myself, and will do more of that, but some nice sounding presets would be wonderful as a better starting point. Im trying to get more of a vintage-y vibe from the instrument. Looks like Matt Johnson has a cool one out and I may grab that - I love what I hear so far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

golden beers

Re: Preset Packs for Moog One

Post by golden beers » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:03 am

Platt E. Puss wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 7:09 pm Can anyone recommend some preset packs for the Moog One? I love the synth, but the factory presets aren't very inspiring. I've created a few presets myself, and will do more of that, but some nice sounding presets would be wonderful as a better starting point. Im trying to get more of a vintage-y vibe from the instrument. Looks like Matt Johnson has a cool one out and I may grab that - I love what I hear so far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
People like these allot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtxzmTz0DuI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3TLCb6hlw0

Platt E. Puss

Post by Platt E. Puss » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:02 pm

Beautiful stuff - thanks! Having a little difficulty importing the presets I just bought. Not sure if something is wrong with the USB host port or if the Moog One just doesn't like my flash drive. Also tried upgrading to 1.5 firmware, but again the USB host port didn't recognize the drive. Will get back to this tomorrow. Once I figure out the import thing, I'll add some of those vocal presets. :D

VocoVacca

Post by VocoVacca » Tue Nov 28, 2023 2:44 am

Have you downloaded all of the free Moog One presets from the Moog Music website? Just log in, click the Go To Account button, then scroll past your Moog One's registration info to the Presets area. There are some good ones, including presets by Paris Strother of KING and Kevin Lamb, and Lisa Bella Donna.

As for the USB problems, make sure the USB stick is formatted for FAT32 and not for any of the macOS file systems. There might also be a limit on the capacity of the stick; try using one 16 or 8 GB or less. Also, make sure the .m1p preset files, and firmware update, are at the root level of the USB stick, not in folders.

And I suggest doing the 1.5 firmware update first—that's really critical and fixes a lot of problems.

Good luck and have fun!
Moog One 16, Matriarch, Mother-32, Subharmonicon, DFAM, Mavis, SubPhatty; Nord Wave 2, Nord Drum 3; ASM Hydrasynth; Teenage Engineering POM-400; Yamaha P-140 piano.

Platt E. Puss

Post by Platt E. Puss » Tue Nov 28, 2023 8:33 am

Thanks so much!

Platt E. Puss

Post by Platt E. Puss » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:51 pm

The formatting thing was the issue - I'm now able to import presets, and have done so with a lot of really nice ones... But... Something just happened that I can't figure out. All of a sudden just 30 minutes ago the main outputs stopped sending signal. I get signal out of the sub outs and the headphones jacks. But from the main output, I get nothing. I've power cycled the synth a few times to no avail. I'd been trying to use a sustain pedal with the synth, and noticed it wasn't responding the way I expected it would, so unplugged the pedal. Next time I went to play the keyboard, there was no sound. No idea whether there's a connection... Is there a setting somewhere that mutes the main outs? Maybe I hit that by accident, but can't find it in the settings section... Hopefully there's a simple answer to this that I'm just missing.

Platt E. Puss

Post by Platt E. Puss » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:53 pm

Following up... I created a new user space and this seems to have corrected the issue. Glad that it's apparently fixed, but curious to know if anyone else has had the same issue, and if it's just a glitch or if I did something to cause the output levels from main outputs L&R to drop to (nearly) nonexistent.

YangtuchXo

Post by YangtuchXo » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:41 am

For vintage vibes on your Moog One, check out:

Moog One Vintage/Classic Soundset by Luke Neptune
Odyssey Expansion Pack Volume One by Lowgritt
Vintage Synth Sounds by Patchpool
Matt Johnson Moog One Presets: his packs focus on classic analog leads, basses, and ambient textures
Moog Music Forum: user-created presets shared by other Moog One users
Explore demo videos and tweak presets to your liking to unlock your Moog One's vintage potential!