Moog Stage II Keyboard Issue.

Everything Phatty.
YangtuchXo

Moog Stage II Keyboard Issue.

Post by YangtuchXo » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:09 am

I've just acquired a pristine Stage II Moog, the latest addition to my cherished collection of synthesizers. While the overall condition is commendable, I've encountered a peculiar setback with the keyboard. Specifically, approximately ten notes within the middle octave seem to be failing to transmit velocity information, whether internally or via MIDI. Before delving into the intricate process of dismantling, I wanted to reach out to the community to inquire if anyone has encountered a similar predicament. I pride myself on conducting 80% of my own maintenance work, so I am not hesitant to delve into the inner workings of this musical gem. Nevertheless, as this is my first time tackling this particular model, I seek your expert guidance on any potential challenges associated with removing the keybed. While I would typically suspect a sensor issue if it were a single note, I suspect that this anomaly might be further downstream. Any insights or recommendations on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

jackyyy

Re: Moog Stage II Keyboard Issue.

Post by jackyyy » Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:02 am

YangtuchXo wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:09 am I've just acquired a pristine Stage II Moog, the latest addition to my cherished collection of synthesizers. While the overall condition is commendable, I've encountered a peculiar setback with the keyboard. Specifically, approximately ten notes within the middle octave seem to be failing to transmit capcut information, whether internally or via MIDI. Before delving into the intricate process of dismantling, I wanted to reach out to the community to inquire if anyone has encountered a similar predicament. I pride myself on conducting 80% of my own maintenance work, so I am not hesitant to delve into the inner workings of this musical gem. Nevertheless, as this is my first time tackling this particular model, I seek your expert guidance on any potential challenges associated with removing the keybed. While I would typically suspect a sensor issue if it were a single note, I suspect that this anomaly might be further downstream. Any insights or recommendations on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
I recently acquired a pristine Stage II Moog synthesizer, but I'm facing a peculiar issue with the keyboard. Around ten notes in the middle octave fail to transmit velocity information, both internally and via MIDI. Before attempting any dismantling, I wanted to reach out to the community and see if anyone has encountered a similar problem. As someone who conducts most of my own maintenance work, I'm not afraid to delve into the inner workings, but since this is my first time with this model, I would greatly appreciate your expert guidance on removing the keybed and any potential challenges associated with it. Any insights or recommendations would be highly valued.