TRS and TS cable confusion?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
AnuragTangra

TRS and TS cable confusion?

Post by AnuragTangra » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:48 am

I recently acquired a CP-251 and have been attempting to integrate it with my MF-102 ring mod and EP-3 expression pedal. After reading through various threads, it seems that using TS (mono) cables is suitable when the expression pedal isn't in use. However, for a setup involving an expression pedal with the CP-251 and Moogerfoogers, sticking to TRS (stereo) cables is advised.

Despite connecting the CP-251 OUT to the MF-102 FREQ IN using only TRS cables without an expression pedal, I'm experiencing no effect. Interestingly, when I slightly disconnect the jack from the CP-251, allowing only the tip to touch the jack socket, the MF-102 begins to receive a signal.

On the other hand, connecting the CP-251 with the MF-102 using a TS cable and leaving the CP-251 patches with TRS (with no expression pedal connected) yields no success.

Furthermore, employing only TRS cables throughout and connecting the EP-3 results in the expression pedal not functioning. Notably, my guitar rig includes multiple Moogerfoogers connected via TS cables.

Could someone please provide insights on where I might be going wrong? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.