Voice Card Calibration hanging for 5 hours.

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
yvawoo

Voice Card Calibration hanging for 5 hours.

Post by yvawoo » Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:59 pm

I noticed that the lower resister notes are way out of tune on my moog one 16 voice since a few weeks ago. I was doing voice card calibration today. After 5 hours the status bar shows it is 2% completed. Voice 2 shows 0.00C and "settling", while other voices show close to 60C and "settled". If I wait long enough will this problem be settled? Or is my voice 2 card is out of order?

Should I turn off and turn back on? There was a warning when I started not to turn it off during the process.

Any ideas anyone?

strytten

Re: Voice Card Calibration hanging for 5 hours.

Post by strytten » Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:14 pm

I am a new Moog One owner and not that experienced, but I did run the voice card calibration right after I bought it and it took about 6 - 8 hours. My unit already had firmware v. 1.5 on it. So one thing to check is whether your unit already has firmware v.1.5. If not, it might be worth updating firmware and trying again.

I also did the voltage calibration and found that I needed to make significant adjustments to complete the calibration. So another thing to try is doing the voltage calibration and then trying the tuning calibration again.

Good luck - hope you're up and running soon!
Moog One 16, OB-X8, Prophet 10 Rev4, Osmose, Trigon 6 D, OB-6 D, Kawai VPC-1, Rhodes Mk8 FX, Steinway D, Mac-based Protools w/Carbon.

yvawoo

Post by yvawoo » Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:12 pm

Thank you for the reply. Now 9 hours since I started calibration. no change from last time I checked that was at 5h. Still 2% and hanging saying the same thing voice 2 "settling". Another message is "(2/34) waiting for temperature to settle - high". I will keep it on overnight. And will try voltage calibration as you suggested. Hope my moog one is okay.

rtcstudio

Post by rtcstudio » Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:20 am

For me (and others) turning off the One and just trying again worked. Step 6 takes a long time. It’s always been over 4 hrs for me. More like 5 or 6. ALSO I always warm up my One for 3-4 hours before starting.

Another One guru, Brian Oliva, also suggests creating a new User Space and trying again. He has good videos, including this one:
https://youtu.be/ioBZdMUbxRI

Also, the Moog One Facebook groups are way better than this forum as far as quick responses and just way more activity in general:
Moog One
Moog One Owners
Moog One Users

yvawoo

Post by yvawoo » Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:41 pm

I turned the unit off and restarted the process and successfully completed it. The calibration seems to have fixed all the tuning issue. Thank you.

strytten

Post by strytten » Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:30 am

Great news! Enjoy your new, now in-tune, Moog One!
Moog One 16, OB-X8, Prophet 10 Rev4, Osmose, Trigon 6 D, OB-6 D, Kawai VPC-1, Rhodes Mk8 FX, Steinway D, Mac-based Protools w/Carbon.