InMusic Blows.

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
EricK

InMusic Blows.

Post by EricK » Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:43 pm

Go suck a fart, O'Donnell.
Support the Bob Moog Foundation:
https://moogfoundation.org/do-something-2/donate/

I think I hear the mothership coming.

SaucyGit

Re: InMusic Blows.

Post by SaucyGit » Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:23 pm

Yeah what a bleep show. So sorry. Hope to see you turn this around and shove it in inMusics face.

AlakaLazlo

Post by AlakaLazlo » Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:03 am

EricK wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:43 pm Go suck a fart, O'Donnell.
I wonder if we could drum up enough support for a boycott in the music community. Vulture capitalism strikes again. After being a loyal customer for 50 years, I guess I've bought my last Moog.
Moog IIP, One 16V and MiniMoog, DotCom/FSFX/Moon/STG 110, Cubase 12Pro, Ableton Live 10/64, RME UFX+, 2xMR816, MioXL, Expressionist, Cirklon, Analog Rytm Mk II, Axon AX50, Customized Variax JTV69s (the Hexstainocaster), Strat, Godin ACS Slim, Helix.

Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin » Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:44 am

Oh Lordy, inMusic are terrible. I deleted all the AIR Music stuff as it never worked properly.

I then sold all my BFD Drums stuff when they took over from ROLI. I'd had BFD since version 1. InMusic changed the licensing method to a subscription-type service even though I had a perpetual licence, plus it was buggy as hell and would often say all my stuff was unlicensed. Some people may not have an issue with it, but I refuse to do subscription type stuff.

And now Moog. Ugh!

I regret buying the MoogerFooger plug-ins now, although at least I got them cheap. I am trying to avoid anything inMusic in my life though. Let's see how they manage to screw those up.

At least my Taurus 3 doesn't require anything from them (the long-promised software update/editor never happened, I don't feel inMusic will be any better in that regard).

The future's not bright. :(
http://soundcloud.com/luke-antony

conspiracytherapist

Post by conspiracytherapist » Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:21 pm

Yup, I’ve also bought my last Moog gear — it really sucks. From employee {partially} owned to employees burned in like 3 months.
Moogs: Voyager, Sub Phatty, Mother-32, DFAM, MF103 Phaser, MF104M Delay, MF105M MuRF, MF107 FreqBox, MF108M Cluster Flux
Music: http://soundcloud.com/conspiracytherapist
Computer: MacBook Pro, Ableton Live 9 + Push 1

armandoc

Post by armandoc » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:20 pm

Clutching the crap out of my voyagers. Subsequent 37 was my last purchase. Rip to a solid brand.

EricK

Post by EricK » Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:59 pm

AlakaLazlo wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 12:03 am
EricK wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:43 pm Go suck a fart, O'Donnell.
I wonder if we could drum up enough support for a boycott in the music community. Vulture capitalism strikes again. After being a loyal customer for 50 years, I guess I've bought my last Moog.
That's going to be difficult considering that all of those notorious ebayers are going to be buying everything they can and selling them for the same kinds of ridiculous prices that the Foogers saw when the Covid checks were flowing. Folks on the Moogerfooger fb page continually justify those prices. I saw one dude justify multiple thousands for an incomplete set of Foogers because it was a better deal. He apparently doesn't remember how cheap NovaMusik let theirs go for ca. 2008.

Everyone knows Moog prints money. I bought a Minitaur and two EP3 pedals as soon as the rumor was confirmed (from Kraft Music, formerly Nova). :lol:

I don't see "moog" making anything that can top anything they have put out, and they are going to be hard pressed to hire people after seeing how their employees are expendable.

And despite the folks everywhere blaming unionization and defending capitalism, it should be the other way around. Capitalism is inherently predatory and thrives on instability. It broke apart the American family, killed domestic artisanship, and is itself a religion.

I've clamored for individual modules for years. If they suddenly start making them, it's about 11 years too late. There's only one more synth I intend to acquire, and it isn't a Moog.

InMusic needs to throw us a bone and release the schematics and or service manuals for all of the past products so that we can get them repaired.

VCO

Post by VCO » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:40 am

There will be two Moogs now. Moog before the buyout and Moog after the buyout. Wonder how the move to Taiwan will affect future products.

VCO

Post by VCO » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:47 am

Wonder if my Moog Voyager Lunar Impact will increase in value now.

VCO

Post by VCO » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:37 am

Looks like getting Moog products serviced in Asheville will be not be possible anymore I assume

AlakaLazlo

Post by AlakaLazlo » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:43 pm

EricK wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:59 pm
I've clamored for individual modules for years. If they suddenly start making them, it's about 11 years too late. There's only one more synth I intend to acquire, and it isn't a Moog.
Hi Erik,
Hope you are well.
Same. I've been trying to find a 904c for 30 years. If Moog decided to sell individual modules now, I'd pass.
Moog IIP, One 16V and MiniMoog, DotCom/FSFX/Moon/STG 110, Cubase 12Pro, Ableton Live 10/64, RME UFX+, 2xMR816, MioXL, Expressionist, Cirklon, Analog Rytm Mk II, Axon AX50, Customized Variax JTV69s (the Hexstainocaster), Strat, Godin ACS Slim, Helix.

MaxFerency

Post by MaxFerency » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:09 am

A cafe in Baltimore where I live was abruptly closed by its owner over the summer and so the former workers worked with
Baltimore Roundtable for Economic Democracy (https://www.baltimoreroundtable.org/) to re-open it as a fully employee-owned and operated business. I wonder if they could do the same? They probably couldn't use the "Moog" name anymore but all the staff that was recently laid off could probably band together to create a new co-op under new name and make better synths than InMusic will be able to. I'd give money to support that. I have no idea how to contact the former employees but I hope that happens. It would otherwise be such a loss of talent and craftsmanship.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/food-drink ... story.html
Max Ferency | http://maxferency.org | max [at] maxferency [dot] org
SYSTEM: macOS & Logic X Pro
GEAR: Matriarch, Sub 37, Korg SV-2, DFAM, MF Drive, MF Delay, MF Boost, Roland RC-202

analogmonster

Post by analogmonster » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:52 am

AlakaLazlo wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:43 pm ...
Same. I've been trying to find a 904c for 30 years. If Moog decided to sell individual modules now, I'd pass.
When I started to clone the System 55, I thought the 904c is not that interesting, as it just serializes and parallelizes the 904a and 904b, so I cloned it just for completion. But I was wrong. It creates just gorgeous sounds from the 904a and 904b, and those filters are fantastic when used allone as well. Indeed the 904c is the module I use most for sound creation now. "Fat" is the understatement of the year!

It is hard to find an original 904c nowadays probably. But that does not mean that everybody who is *NOT* the lucky owner of an original has to "abstain" from the sound. Perhaps a clone could be an option at least in this case. Looking at the circuit diagram of the 904c you see that it is "just" a CV mixer for controlling the CV control nodes of the 904a and 904b and a "router" for input and output of the 904a and 904b. The sound itself is just passed to and received from the 904a and 904b without further manipulation.

So the module does an intelligent control, but no sound forming itself. I know that in the case of Moog modulars an internal integration of the 904c with the 901a and 904b filters is done via the edge connectors and internal wiring, but I argue that the same effect could be achieved by using a non-integrated external module as well. Perhaps this can be an option for you.

My clone does an internal integration of the 904a and 904b as well (see cloning the 904c from my System 55 clone project if interested), but this is not a must.

It is ridiculous that individual modules are not offered by Moog. So they must not wonder if companies or individuals like me clone the stuff and sell it. The circuit diagrams are public nowadays, and a lot of corrections for the faulty Moog service manual documentation can be found everywhere. So Moog throws away a market and makes musicians and collectors being frustrated.

It is their own fault :|

EricK

Post by EricK » Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:00 pm

analogmonster wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:52 am
AlakaLazlo wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:43 pm ...
When I started to clone the System 55, I thought the 904c is not that interesting, as it just serializes and parallelizes the 904a and 904b, so I cloned it just for completion. But I was wrong. It creates just gorgeous sounds from the 904a and 904b, and those filters are fantastic when used allone as well. Indeed the 904c is the module I use most for sound creation now. "Fat" is the understatement of the year!

It is hard to find an original 904c nowadays probably. But that does not mean that everybody who is *NOT* the lucky owner of an original has to "abstain" from the sound. Perhaps a clone could be an option at least in this case. Looking at the circuit diagram of the 904c you see that it is "just" a CV mixer for controlling the CV control nodes of the 904a and 904b and a "router" for input and output of the 904a and 904b. The sound itself is just passed to and received from the 904a and 904b without further manipulation.

So the module does an intelligent control, but no sound forming itself. I know that in the case of Moog modulars an internal integration of the 904c with the 901a and 904b filters is done via the edge connectors and internal wiring, but I argue that the same effect could be achieved by using a non-integrated external module as well. Perhaps this can be an option for you.

My clone does an internal integration of the 904a and 904b as well (see cloning the 904c from my System 55 clone project if interested), but this is not a must.

It is ridiculous that individual modules are not offered by Moog. So they must not wonder if companies or individuals like me clone the stuff and sell it. The circuit diagrams are public nowadays, and a lot of corrections for the faulty Moog service manual documentation can be found everywhere. So Moog throws away a market and makes musicians and collectors being frustrated.

It is their own fault :|
The Moslab 904C allows for audio out while the A and B still offer theirs as well.

My modular is complete, but if Moog made individual modules, I'd be really tempted to see about a reverb, provided they were up to current specs. But honestly, that ship has sailed.

Edit: the Moog 904c should output audio.

carles

Post by carles » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:04 pm

After O'Donnel walked straight on Roger Linn's shoes, now he kills whatever engineering and music cred Moog still had ! Speak of being a visionary !

With time, some people, like Bob Moog, come out as unique visionaries and stay in everyone's memory and in the collective consciousness. Others, like O'Donnel, will simply be remembered as talentless, greedy vultures with no sense of history, for the two years anyone will remember them after they pass away into the dust bins of financial history.

There seems to be a pattern with InMusic, destroying any kind of legitimacy, innovation and spirit that used to remain in the brands they acquire. Today's loss is tragic, both for the music community and, of course, for the people who lost their jobs today. My thoughts go to them.

Now, I have to grab my last couple of Moog products built in the "old" regime still available in local retailers, before I finally end my personal love story with Moog forget all about that now-fake brand of former glory.
This is all very sad !
Pierre Carles
https://www.youtube.com/@goingmodular
--------------
Moog Subharmonicon
Moog DFAM
Behringer 2600
Behringer RD-6