Moog Parts and Service moving forward.

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
HookedOnSonics

Moog Parts and Service moving forward.

Post by HookedOnSonics » Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:50 pm

Man I wish Moog would have a state of the union address so i new what directions things are going in.

I'm kind of confused with statements coming out of Asheville on Facebook that everything is moving to Taiwan. Does anyone know if that's factual? I notice Moog will no longer offer spare parts or service on MoogerFoogers & Voyagers. So if you have a Voyager or Voyager XL who do you turn to now for parts and service?

I wish the front office would put together a list of instruments that will still be serviced with parts and who will be doing the service, Asheville, Third Party, etc...

I wish Moog would list on their support site companies that are certified to services their Instruments. I only know of Synthpro in the U.S. Is there anything specific inside these Instruments that's certified services companies could not procure themselves, circuit wise, not cosmetic like knobs etc...?

Maybe I'm making too much out of all this, I guess the whole "Asheville's moving to Taiwan" got me wondering where is all this going.

And if things are moving to Taiwan, does the future hold Bamboo end caps, might be acoustically interesting :-)
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

MaxFerency

Re: Moog Parts and Service moving forward.

Post by MaxFerency » Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:44 am

Taiwan? I hope that's not true that they would so quickly put everyone in Asheville out of work.
Max Ferency | http://maxferency.org | max [at] maxferency [dot] org
SYSTEM: macOS & Logic X Pro
GEAR: Matriarch, Sub 37, Korg SV-2, DFAM, MF Drive, MF Delay, MF Boost, Roland RC-202

HookedOnSonics

Post by HookedOnSonics » Fri Sep 22, 2023 9:15 pm

Ahhhhh Gezzzzzz, today folks on Facebook said that a lorge part of the workforce in Asheville were laid off today and that things will be moving to Asia.
Moog One - A Poly Menance, SynthWars-The Rise of the Korg Apr2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, Vintage D 2016, Voyager of Sinbad XL, ClaraVox, FoogerFamilyOfSix, 3MothersLikeNoOthers, Kronos II - InstantKarma'sGonnaGetYou, Arp&theOdyssey, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, UniversalAudio&U67, Criklon2, ElektronRytmAvenueMKII

kendallhalbert

Post by kendallhalbert » Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:49 pm

Original Model D, Taurus 1, Source, Minitaur, Voyager RME, One 16 voice