Matriarch bug? KB GATE OUT partially mirroring ARP/SEQ GATE OUT despite setting=OFF

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
innsmouthrain

Matriarch bug? KB GATE OUT partially mirroring ARP/SEQ GATE OUT despite setting=OFF

Post by innsmouthrain » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:01 am

Hello Matriarch friends,

My Matriarch's KB GATE OUT does not stay open while a note is held if the sequencer is running.

Explanation:
If the sequencer is not running, KB GATE OUT is closed while no key is pressed, open while a key is pressed, and then closes again upon release. This is as would be expected.
If the sequencer is running, it is closed (although when run to external gear it seems not entirely closed..?) when no key is pressed, but when held, the gate doesn't stay open. Instead, it gets retriggered every time the sequencer plays a note.
This is being done with global settings arp/seq local control off, keyboard local control off and sequencer keyboard control off in this case.

Can somebody confirm this behaviour with their own unit?
Haven't seen anyone online mention this. If it's only my unit that does this, that would be good to know.

Is this a bug with the 1.3 firmware?
When I finally found the updated manual (I guess the matriarch dark manual never got updated with the firmware patches), I did notice the new setting for mirroring kb to arp/seq patch points and vice versa. Although the settings are both off in my case, it sure made me wonder if it could be related.

I might try downgrading the firmware and experimenting. I'll update if I find anything. Considering the snappier paraphonic behaviour of the earlier firmware, if a downgrade would give me both gates to use as well, I will definitely consider it.

Video demonstration:
https://youtu.be/kHvWEhCTiwM?si=5YSAbbp24WTBxAC1

innsmouthrain

Re: Matriarch bug? KB GATE OUT partially mirroring ARP/SEQ GATE OUT despite setting=OFF

Post by innsmouthrain » Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:01 pm

Update: Moog got back to me and confirmed that they had the same behaviour on 1.3. Support told me they'd let the firmware team know and perhaps they can fix it in a future update.

Meanwhile, I tried downgrading and indeed this behaviour wasn't present on 1.1 or 1.21. Those two have other issues and fewer features, but 1.1 also has the snappier paraphonic envelopes, so for now I'm considering jumping to the version I want for what I want to do that day :p

psirca

Re: Matriarch bug? KB GATE OUT partially mirroring ARP/SEQ GATE OUT despite setting=OFF

Post by psirca » Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:09 pm

Hello, looking to purchase a Matriarch, any news on this bug ?

exunstapler

Post by exunstapler » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:58 pm

I've experienced this issue too. I was trying to recreate a patch I saw in a review video, but apparently that Matriarch was on an earlier firmware version. I see 1.3 is still the latest firmware, so the fix must not be out yet.