Moog Grandmother MIDI sync issues

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
LocalTrack19

Moog Grandmother MIDI sync issues

Post by LocalTrack19 » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:48 am

Hi all,

I am really enjoying my Moog Grandmother, it is my first Moog and by far my favorite synth, but one thing is driving me slightly mad. I am trying to sync the GM sequencer with the MIDI clock I receive from my MPC One. I know I have the MIDI on the MPC set up right, as I can sync it with my other synth, the Korg Minilogue XD. Sequences on the Korg are perfectly in time. However, if I apply exactly the same settings to the GM sequencer, it is always lagging behind. I have a sequence which consists of sixteenth notes, but every time the root note of the sequence changes (which I send as MIDI from the MPC), the Moog missed out on the first sixteenth and then picks up. That makes it practically impossible to use the Moog GM sequencer alongside the MPC One, which is a pity. Does anyone have a solution to this? MPC One can also provide a CV signal if that will help syncing.
Interesting to know: if I do not use the sequencer on the GM, timing is perfect! So I could send the entire sequence as MIDI notes from the MPC and work around the Moog sequencer, but I think there should be a better way. Also, when I play by hand, it feels like the sequencer is lagging behind a bit, meaning I have to strike the next root note slightly before the beat. Is this common behavior?

Thanks for your help!

Woodbro_Chillson

Re: Moog Grandmother MIDI sync issues

Post by Woodbro_Chillson » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:25 pm

I cant get my GM sequencer to sync to my Roland TR-08 and i am beyond frustrated at this point. I got it to work perfectly once but I have no idea how??