1976 Model D restored

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Twoodsmusic

1976 Model D restored

Post by Twoodsmusic » Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:36 am

Greetings everyone;

I just joined this group as I have reluctantly decided to sell by 1976 Model D (#8461). But more important, my experience rebuilding the keyboard myself about a year ago puts me in a position to offer very helpful advice should you want to take on that task. I spent about 60 hours at it and did a superb job of cleaning, replacing (and lubing) bushings, aligning and polishing the keys, adjusting spring tensions, etc, etc. It plays like a dream. I can offer any and all advice as to how to do that all-important work which is so essential to having a really playable instrument. The parts are cheap - I think less than $50 for bushings and circuit board mounts.
Of course, removing and cleaning the three bus bars is a must-do whenever working on that keyboard. Cleaning the multi-pin plugs with DeOxit is also a good idea.

Anyway, glad to be part of the community and I look forward to hearing from Minimoogmaniacs. Thanks, Tom Woods

VCO

Re: 1976 Model D restored

Post by VCO » Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:02 am

They don’t make them like that anymore. I would think that Minimoog has a very unique sound being that it was made in
The mid 70s . Welcome to the forum.