New Grandmother Osc 1/2 not working

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
mikmakesbeats

New Grandmother Osc 1/2 not working

Post by mikmakesbeats » Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:19 am

Hey guys I have a brand new Grandmother and it was working just fine the first couple days I've had it. Recently OSC 1 stopped working and the next day OSC 2 stopped working as well. I can only generate noise at this point. Odd thing is I tried to do Osc Calibration but my calibration never finishes. I waited 2 hours and my 3 buttons were still flashing like I won the lottery. I decided to power it on/off, unplug/plug usb and I tried installing latest firmware 1.1.3 and was able to successfully. I went through Osc Calibration one more time and its still not finishing. It's been an hour already and I'll let it to run over night but I have a feeling it will still never finish when I come back to it in the morning. I've only read calibration taking as long as 20 min but never hours. I contacted support but was hoping someone here can give some insight as well.

Aszazin

Re: New Grandmother Osc 1/2 not working

Post by Aszazin » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:27 pm

I sometimes have a similar issue.
Osc1 stops working, usually just turning off and back on does the trick, but not now.
Now also Osc2 stopped working, only noise gives sound.

I'm recalibrating right now to see if that helps.
Hope it does not last endlessly, I was on a good session, creating a nice "Radio Noise" drone using the Eurorack Out to modulate the filter, and want to continue...

I recently recalibrated while I had the S/H plugged in the pitch in of Osc1, it did not finish, and had to stop it.
Very funny: my keyboard resulted in random pitches for Osc1.
Another calibration after unplugging the patch cables fixed it back in about 5 minutes.

Aszazin

Re: New Grandmother Osc 1/2 not working

Post by Aszazin » Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:08 pm

Calibration didn't finish properly, both the Oscillators were back after that.