New alliance for Moog, hopefully a great development

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
rtcstudio

New alliance for Moog, hopefully a great development

Post by rtcstudio » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:03 am

I guess everyone has seen this. Hopefully it will mean more personnel to assign to development teams, so firmware and other updates are regularly posted in months instead of years.

https://mailchi.mp/moogmusic/inmusic-ne ... 4c9a97e1bb

pmumble

Re: New alliance for Moog, hopefully a great development

Post by pmumble » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:07 am

The same CEO that screwed Roger Linn. Sounds like we're not in good hands.

MaxFerency

Post by MaxFerency » Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:51 am

This is tragic. Part of my love of Moog is not only their sound and their instruments but their ethos as an employee-owned independent company that clearly cared about quality, community, and employees. That ethos allowed for a trust in the company. I have no reason to have trust in InMusic or any reason to expect that the new overlords of Moog will respect any of that ethos. It will start quietly but then InMusic will gradually make changes once the conversation has moved on and less people are paying attention.
Max Ferency | http://maxferency.org | max [at] maxferency [dot] org
SYSTEM: macOS & Logic X Pro
GEAR: Matriarch, Sub 37, Korg SV-2, DFAM, MF Drive, MF Delay, MF Boost, Roland RC-202

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:55 am

Sad news , not very promising
I remember the takeover from alesis after they produced the andromeda A6 by the same company as now : never ever was anything heard from the A6 again , no availability, no service, no parts ,never ever any os upgrade at all ….( even the service manual (!) we had to aquire by some obscure ways ( i’ll pm the details if interested) and distribute them “ illegaly”).
I doubt this would end differently, but there is always hope ( and hunderts of people still waiting to be able to buy a new moog one 16v for two years already …)

facon

Post by facon » Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:51 pm

This is a huge loss for musicians. Very sad news. I felt like they were one of the last beacons of light still holding on.

sunny pedaal

Post by sunny pedaal » Thu Jun 15, 2023 7:16 am

I would feel a whole lot more secure if at least the service manual of the moog one would be made available to users .
Regarding the uncertainty, the high price and experiences with former sell of alesis (a6) to the same company ( and no positive actions ever at all towards owners of the A6) i think this is priority no 1 for the time to come ..

Marzzz

Post by Marzzz » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:31 pm

pmumble wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 11:07 am The same CEO that screwed Roger Linn. Sounds like we're not in good hands.
The same CEO who was involved in Numark's acquisition of Alesis.

Res ispa loquitor...