Anybody tried to marry a Moog Voyager together with Softube Modular or other VST synths?

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
purpurkatten

Anybody tried to marry a Moog Voyager together with Softube Modular or other VST synths?

Post by purpurkatten » Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:32 pm

Right now I´m using a simple (albeit good quality) 2 IN 2 OUT soundcard.

I´m contemplating getting a 4 IN 4 OUT soundcard and use the INs and OUTs of the Moog Voyager to send its signal into my computer and treat it with the modules in Softube Modular and out again to the Voyager, using its filter etc, and record it back again in my DAW.

Alternatively, I´ll send sounds from mainly VST synths into the filters etc of the Voyager and back into my DAW.

Anybody tried any of this?

Do the sounds marry together? Is it reasonable useful and worth the effort? Or is it a waste of time?

Perhaps the filters in the VSTs perhaps are good enough today without needing anymore massaging in the Voyager? After all, you can get moog sounding filters from VST instruments (Softube Model 72) in the Softube Modular.
-- Or, if you are an analog purist, you may ask why anyone would degrade the signal by sending it into VST instrument.

Food for thought?

Thanks

VCO

Re: Anybody tried to marry a Moog Voyager together with Softube Modular or other VST synths?

Post by VCO » Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:31 pm

I have Aparillo. It’s a soft synth that sounds very cinematic. I’ve really never heard anything like it. I have it on my ipadpro. That would be a great one to use . Sugar bytes is the developer . I also have factory also which is another one by sugarbytes. I haven’t used either one with my voyager. I would have to get an adapter to get audio out of my ipadpro. I suggest checking out Aparillo. I think it would be a great resource to use for importing audio in to the external in of a Minimoog or voyager.