Minimoog 2016 Reissue Problem

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
soundsubs

Minimoog 2016 Reissue Problem

Post by soundsubs » Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:28 am

Here's a weird one:
My 2016 Reissue has worked flawlessly for years; no problems at all. I used it live outside of the studio for a couple gigs.
The other day, I realized that turning the Glide switch to ON seems to disconnect keyboard pitch tracking altogether. The pitch then becomes the last note played before flipping the switch. Glide knob positioning has no effect. Flipping the Glide switch back resumes normal operation.
Strangely, the behavior persists while using MIDI IN control.
I've opened it up and made sure all ribbon cables are connected and nothing looks damaged.

In summary: When Glide switch is ON, Glide is stuck and perhaps open to infinite.

Anyone seen this or have any ideas?

Thanks

--Shane

VCO

Re: Minimoog 2016 Reissue Problem

Post by VCO » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:09 pm

What happans when you turn the switch for the release on or off? I wonder if your synth got bumped or hit without you realizing it. Hope you find the problem and it’s an easy fix. I wonder if the envelopes are effected in any way.

soundsubs

Post by soundsubs » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:13 pm

The Release switch works as expected.
Upon investigating with a multimeter, the Glide switch ohms out just like the Release switch does, so I don't think it's an open Glide switch.

The Envelopes also work as expected. I can't find anything else wrong, aside from the Glide switch, which seems to "hold" the last played pitch.

soundsubs

Post by soundsubs » Tue May 02, 2023 7:41 pm

Solved (by my Tech):
IMG_0921.jpeg
Glide potentiometer is cracked in two and needs to be replaced.
Should be up and running with a replacement pot soon.