Problem with 2022 minimoogs aftertouch

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
Doddos

Re: Problem with 2022 minimoogs aftertouch

Post by Doddos » Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:39 pm

The aftertouch on my 2022 reissue is finally fixed. I just took out the LHC module and sent it to the authorized moog tech in my country, they kindly told me it was ok to just send the module or, if preferred, the PCB. I'm not skilled enough to deal with surface mounted components, at least not try the first time on my minimoog.

About the pitch offset when turning the osc modulation on - I haven't noticed a permanent offset but if I turn it on while playing a note there is a significant offset during the switch. Is this the issue you're discussing?

Durr_GaGa

Post by Durr_GaGa » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:08 am

Hi folks,

I am seriously considering buying a 2022 re-issue but I already own a Subsequent 37 which to the best of my knowledge functions perfectly in every respect and if I am going to spend this much money on a new Moog, I would much prefer it to be functioning correctly from the start and the 'fix' seems to be something that the factory could do so easily.

Has the after-touch issue been resolved for current versions or does the problem continue to this day? If it has been fixed, does anyone know from what serial number the fix was made?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Steve

Quatschmacher

Post by Quatschmacher » Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:07 am

Everything above #1130 is correct from the factory.