MOOG ONE VS PROPHET TEN AND OB8X

Polyphonic Analog Synthesizer
Andrzej Kalbarczyk

Re: MOOG ONE VS PTOPHET TEN AND OB8X

Post by Andrzej Kalbarczyk » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:52 am

Hi Everyone. I'm very lucky and I own Moog One and OB-X8. They are totally different as to the sound and I love that it is like this. Yes, there have been some bugs found in the One but this is nothing. I absolutely love it even with this small issues. Mine for instance does not record modulation into the sequencer...or sometimes keeps one note in hold mode...it is nothing comparing what you can do with it. As to the OB-X8 I found it "low bass" at the bigining but in unison mode it is a bass beast....both are GREAT.

Free sound sets for both with this link below:

They can do this:

Moog One

https://youtu.be/c0VHNO_pk8Q?si=qOXmdja9zs3x8vkk

OB-X8

https://youtu.be/8BJ3o9fFiks?si=Jf7KQ5TCQu7u0fr5

strytten

Post by strytten » Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:23 pm

I am also fortunate to own a Moog One 16 voice and an OBX8. Also fortunate to own a Prophet 10. I love all three and I donโ€™t find them that redundant. Each has certain things that it does very well, much better than the other two. From what Iโ€™ve been reading, the Third Wave might be a wonderful compliment as a fourth synthesizer, but I still have my hands full exploring and learning these three fantastic analog synths.
Moog One 16, OB-X8, Prophet 10 Rev4, Osmose, Trigon 6 D, OB-6 D, Kawai VPC-1, Rhodes Mk8 FX, Steinway D, Mac-based Protools w/Carbon.

Andrzej Kalbarczyk

Post by Andrzej Kalbarczyk » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:12 pm

Then I need to buy Phophet 10...๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜...

I agree with you statment that 3-rd wave woul be good 4th synth. I saw YT videos and was surprised how good it sounds...

Already on the list ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘