Is your Matriarch delay working properly?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
rgames

Is your Matriarch delay working properly?

Post by rgames » Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:44 pm

I started having issues with the delay on my Matriarch a while back: : I get strange warlbly, pitch-bending effects like the “time” knob is being moved even when it’s not being moved. This problem is especially bad when set to synch mode. When in synch mode I also get some weird ringing sounds that sound almost like bit-crushing.

Here's a video of the problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1czR2Je ... sp=sharing

I contracted Moog and they tried debugging the issue but eventually they said I need to send it in. So I did so.

After having it for several weeks they wrote back and said the problem is with the firmware and can't be fixed right now. So they want to send it back.

But... if it's firmware, then shouldn't a *lot* of other people be having the same problem? Also, the note I got back said the problem exists when the delay is set to synch but my problem exists whether it's synched or not.

It cost me quite a bit to send it off and I'm afraid the firmware update (if it ever happens) isn't going to solve my problem, at which point I'm going to have to pay even more to send it off again.

I can't find anything in the forums about this kind of problem so I can't see how it's a firmware problem. There's no way a firmware problem could be affecting only me, especially on something so basic as the delay unit. If it really is a firmware problem then it should be affecting a lot of people. In fact, it should be affecting anyone who uses the delay because that's all I'm doing: turning the delay on.

Does Moog's explanation make sense to anyone?

Thanks,

rgames

Achim

Re: Is your Matriarch delay working properly?

Post by Achim » Sat May 07, 2022 4:23 am

Hi,
difficult to compare as you used very special setting & patches in your video. Can you make one with only one oscillator, no filters, envelopes etc. which can be reproduced?

Achim
Matriarch, Grandmother, DFAM, iMS-20, TRM-402

orangefunk

Re: Is your Matriarch delay working properly?

Post by orangefunk » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:13 pm

I have the same issue on mine. Even occurs when no patch cables are used..

It only occurs when SYNC/TAP is on.. I think it is akin to a switch from 1/8th 1/16th time division.. maybe some bounce between 2 values... so sounds like a glitchy knob... I read on Gearspace that it is a known bug that will be fixed in a future firmware update.