Patch points for CV Control of Matriarch

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
nezzyidy

Patch points for CV Control of Matriarch

Post by nezzyidy » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:38 pm

Hi! If I want to sequence matriarch via CV, what patch point do I use for pitch and gate?
I see there are inputs on each oscillators, but are they normaled together or do I need to mult to get four copies so that I patch into all of the oscillators or is there a better input.

Same with gate, do I need to mult into both envelopes or is there a single point to go into (or are the two envelopes normaled?)

dct

Re: Patch points for CV Control of Matriarch

Post by dct » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:37 am

nezzyidy wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:38 pm Hi! If I want to sequence matriarch via CV, what patch point do I use for pitch and gate?
I see there are inputs on each oscillators, but are they normaled together or do I need to mult to get four copies so that I patch into all of the oscillators or is there a better input.
Yes, one voice one pitch.
Same with gate, do I need to mult into both envelopes or is there a single point to go into (or are the two envelopes normaled?)
Yes.

Think of CV as a 1:1 connection. Nothing automatic or embedded control like MIDI.
Only way to spread the CV value to several targets is by sequencing (stackable plug-in cables) or by distributing (CV mult panel). In all cases the voltage can drop over several interim stations.
keys: CX-3 II, GRANDMOTHER, streichfett, ZEN DELAY

nezzyidy

Post by nezzyidy » Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:28 pm

I tested and it looks like the following are normalled (no need to mult):
osc pitch in is normalled to the osc to the right (but none of the other osc points like PWM or lin FM)
So patching into osc1 sets the pitch for all 4.

Filter CV1 in is normalled to filter CV2 in. (maybe also vice versa, I didn't check)

Trigger in on env1 will trigger env2 as well

dct

Post by dct » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:24 am

nezzyidy wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:28 pm I tested and it looks like the following are normalled (no need to mult):
osc pitch in is normalled to the osc to the right (but none of the other osc points like PWM or lin FM)
So patching into osc1 sets the pitch for all 4...
I stand corrected: It is exactly as you describe.
I derived my answer from the GM, where each of its OSC pitch control is not normalled.
keys: CX-3 II, GRANDMOTHER, streichfett, ZEN DELAY

nezzyidy

Post by nezzyidy » Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:35 pm

Actually the Env trigger ins are not normalled, I was wrong about that part.