Mother-32 buffered multi issue?

Mother-32, DFAM, Subharmonicon, Grandmother, Matriarch
esebesty

Mother-32 buffered multi issue?

Post by esebesty » Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:33 pm

Hi,

I recently bought a Mother-32 and started learning about (semi)modular synths and just discovered a strange issue. I can't decide if this is a real issue or only my lack of knowledge and it supposed to happen. So when I create a patch between the Mult 1 or Mult 2 out and let's say the VCO 1V/Oct in, then plug a patch cable in the Mult in, but do not plug it anywhere else, the sound already does change. When I accidentally touched the tip of the patch cable it did change even more. See also on the picture. Is this a "feature" that I certainly did not expect or an error, and I should be carful not messing up my Moog any further? :?
2020-01-05 23.01.32.jpg
Thanks!

bichuelo

Re: Mother-32 buffered multi issue?

Post by bichuelo » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:29 pm

Yes, it it way more sensitive to touch when patched like that. I don't know exactly why but it's lots of fun!

Our bodies are conductive so that is normal. I also made a couple of patches more with and without the Mult and everything behaved as expected.

You should check Landscape FM's products, they are based on this phenomena
http://audiotecna.info
T-III, Voyager, VX-351, Slim Phatty, Model D, Sub Phatty, Subsequent 37, Minitaur, all moogerfoogers and minifoogers, EW+, Theremini, Model 15, Filtatron, Animoog, Model D App, iOS 11 Mother-32, DFAM, Werkstatt, Win7, High Sierra

esebesty

Re: Mother-32 buffered multi issue?

Post by esebesty » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:03 pm

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, I had the feeling that my body being conductive has something to do with it, but it seemed a little odd, that the Multi was designed this way. Maybe there is some underlying engineering issue? Anyway, this looks like an interesting feature to experiment with!

Landscape FM Stereo Field looks really cool!