Sub37 Editor with Ableton. I don't get it (Midi sequencing a

Everything Sub.
Piratesteve

Sub37 Editor with Ableton. I don't get it (Midi sequencing a

Post by Piratesteve » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:08 am

Hey guys, I'm still learning about hardware in combination with daw's and found no answer here, so hope some of you can bring light into this.

So basically what I have done so far is using an external instrument plugin on a midi track in combination with the Editor Plugin (Sub37 is connected via USB).

Now I have two Automation envelope tracks, Midi Ctrl and Sub37 Editor. If i midi map certain parameters on the Editor, the virtual knobs in the plugin move along with the recorded Automations. But if I look at the Automations there are two Automations being recorded, one for the configured Editor parameters, and one for Midi Ctrl, both envelopes are also slightly different.

If I only use Midi Ctrl without Mapping the Editor Plugin, there is no actual visual synchronisation/animation of the plugin knob parameter changes in the gui, only if I physically move the knobs on the synth in realtime.

Also if I for instance tweak the hardware cutoff knob fast the filter sweep is stepping slightly while tweaking the knob. As if the Midi signal speed is not holding up with the fast paramter changes. It often gets better after time, but if I move the virtual knob with my mouse the filter sweep is always smooth no matter how fast. Is this a common problem with daw's sequencing hardware synth's? Am I guessing right, that it's the speed of the Midi signal traveling from my synth into daw and back what's causing these steppings?

Thanks for helping me. Still learning, so I appreciate the help.