Pitch wheel / Osc 1 issues

Everything Phatty.
arn87

Pitch wheel / Osc 1 issues

Post by arn87 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:28 am

Hi,

I've had a LP for a few years now. I've played it a lot and it's always worked smoothly so far -well, if you consider that having to tune it every 5 minutes is standard :)

After a year of not using it, I turned it back on last week and I seem to have a problem with my oscillators and/or pitch wheel.
Before I get started, I just wanted to let you know that I do let the LP warm up before I use it, that my electric system is fine -no ground issues-, that I did all the calibrations and that I have the latest frimware on my LP.

Problem n°1
About 30 presets out of 100 were about a semitone flat without any apparent reason. That issue was solved by Calibrating PW range.

Problem n°2
When the « 1-2 Sync » button is disabled, I need to manually set Osc 2 value around 1960 (instead of 2048) to make both Oscillators frequencies be similar.

This seems to be linked with a Pitch Wheel issue, since, when I try to calibrate the Pitch Wheel, the lowest value is around 360, highest 3600 (I don’t remember exactly) but middle position says 1960. It won’t calibrate to a 2048 middle value.

That wouldn’t be a problem if that « 1960 » value was stable. But it’s not. Sometimes, I need to reset Osc 2 to 2000 in order to have it be manually synchronised with Osc 1.

I would take from that my Osc 1 is unstable for some reason and that it is due to the bad calibration of the PW but I've no idea what to do to solve this.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks!