accurate sync/control a mf-108m cluster flux via cubase

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
geissls7

accurate sync/control a mf-108m cluster flux via cubase

Post by geissls7 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:57 am

hi,

I need help concerning how to properly and (really) accurate synchronize/control a mf-108m cluster flux from within cubase. preferred cubase version is 5.1, but 8.5 is also available. a simple sync with midi clock is unfortunately not sufficient as it doesnot necessarily achieves the best possible results as it doesnot trigger the lfo in the best musical way (actually I am not sure if it triggers the lfo in the same way every time it plays) and apart from that: midi clock sync delay is not available in cubase (as far as I know). and all of the other alternatives with cc#92 (midi map tempo), cc#73 (restarting the LFO from the beginning of its wave form when triggered with a noteon-signal) don't brings the required results either ... primarly it's - for me at the moment - about a more/less finished "song" based on a clavinet (samplebased and triggered via midi) played through a cluster flux with additional drums and other percussive gimmicks and so on ... everything is done, but I want to adjust some things a little bit, for really get the right groove et cetera, which could be easily done via track delay and other tricks, but it's simply for me not possible to control the clusterflux accuately ... :(

thanks + best
stefan geissler

sin night

Re: accurate sync/control a mf-108m cluster flux via cubase

Post by sin night » Thu May 11, 2017 6:47 pm

Instead of the MF-108M, can you use something like LFO Tool (or Cubase built in step midi fx, like Auto LFO) to output midi control changes to modulate the parameter? The problem with midi fx is they are simple midi cc, not msb+lsb, so I think it could lead to some audible stepping (I don't know about LFO Tool, I never looked into its midi capabilities). Then I think you could delay the modulation midi track, if your modulation tool doesn't feature a delay/phase control.

I don't know if this actually works, I'm just thinking out loud, but it's worth trying.
MacMini 5.1 (mid 2011) i5 16GB OSX 10.13; Minitaur, GrandMother, 2x Mother 32, MF-101/102/103/104M/105M/107/108M, MF-Boost, MF-Drive; Roland Studio Capture, Motu microLite, 2x microExpress, iConnectMIDI4+, ESI M4U EX, Maschine Mikro, Cubase 10.