Little Phatty plus CP-251 = MG-1?

Everything Phatty.
mega

Little Phatty plus CP-251 = MG-1?

Post by mega » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:26 pm

I have an MG-1 and am considering replacing or augmenting it with the LP. To get the S&H and noise functions with the LP, I could just add the Control Processer, right?

Can the square LFO output of the CP be plugged into the gate input of the LP to replicate the "Auto-TRig" function of the MG-1?

GregAE

Re: Little Phatty plus CP-251 = MG-1?

Post by GregAE » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:53 am

mega wrote:I have an MG-1 and am considering replacing or augmenting it with the LP. To get the S&H and noise functions with the LP, I could just add the Control Processer, right?
Correct. The S&H CV can be used as an input for any of the three CV inputs on the LP, and the noise can be used as either a signal source (for the Ext. Audio Input) or a CV source.
mega wrote:Can the square LFO output of the CP be plugged into the gate input of the LP to replicate the "Auto-TRig" function of the MG-1?
Yes, but it will take a few more connections on the CP to make it work. Here's why: If the LP's Gate Input is like the Voyager's, it needs a +5V signal to trigger. The CP's LFO only operates at +/-2.5V, far short of the Gate trigger voltage. To make it work you need to route the LFO into the CP Mixer and adjust the mixer OFFSET knob to full positive. This should offset the LFO signal to the +5V needed to trigger the Gate. (I haven't tried this with the Voyager, so I can't guaranty that it works, but according to the CP specs it should.)

- Greg