Minimoog Voyager XL Volume Envelope Attack Stopped Working

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
benulous

Minimoog Voyager XL Volume Envelope Attack Stopped Working

Post by benulous » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:28 pm

Hey guys,

Just ran into a bummer of a problem. I was working out a song and pulled up the XL. As I was scrolling through some presets, I noticed I wasn't getting sound from a lot of them. As I've troubleshot, I noticed that the Volume Envelope Attack was not making any changes. For a lot of these sounds, I have to turn the DECAY all the way to zero to hear them ... and then, with many, I also have to adjust the Sustain. This affect almost all Percussive and Bell sounds, along with many of my Lead sounds. It's like the ATTACK functionality has simply disappeared and I have to adjust the DECAY to zero to trigger...

Everything else seems to work okay. All the 3 OSC and NOISE are working...Pitch/MOD is okay...Filter is working and Modulation Busses seem fine...

I unplugged everything, rebooted a couple times and reset the master panel to factory. I'm still having the issue. I just now emailed Moog Tech Support.

Have any of you dealt with this?

Ben
-Ben
http://www.facebook.com/slowearth
http://www.slowearth.bandcamp.com
White Voyager XL, 2xM32s, Theremini, 7xMoogerfoogers, NordLead2, Access Indigo2, Eventide Space, Alesis Wedge
Bass Guitars (Moog Drive, FX25, SYB5, FX72, ODB3, Markbass Compressore)

kironmusic

Re: Minimoog Voyager XL Volume Envelope Attack Stopped Worki

Post by kironmusic » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:22 pm

I've got the same problem, not only with the Volume Envelope but also with the Filter Envelop. It happened at the same time a couple of days ago, both envelopes stopped responding correctly.. Did you fixed your XL? If yes, what was the solution? I'd be really appreciate the advice.

Kirill