Mod Matrix Math?

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
estatematt

Mod Matrix Math?

Post by estatematt » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:12 am

Has anyone figured out what the heck is ACTUALLY going on with the modulation slots in Animoog? It's clearly not what happens in the manual. There's a lot of wave shaping done to the LFOs. A negative control knob seems to just do wave shaping as well. Also there's clipping if the modulator amplitude gets to crazy. If I hook an LFO up to the volume knob, turning the volume knob all the way down yeilds the same basic wave form as turning it up but it sounds completely different.

I've spent a lot of time studying the algorithms in Animoog and what I've learned is that almost NONE of the controls actually do what they say, which I love, but it's a little tough to do mathy hacky stuff with.

m8w

Re: Mod Matrix Math?

Post by m8w » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:51 am

I think that the animoog sound engine is based on wave maths where a matrix definition is meaningless to it and as a result not applicable to it.

It is the texture samples that trips me up with there applications idk other then quick sample interjection into a song how are they used? I would like to set the animoog to a given sample i.e. applying it but idk how?