How to do

Everything Phatty.
Buzrei

How to do

Post by Buzrei » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:56 pm

Looking to buy a minitaur and two slim phatties used. Where should I not buy from, my first choices are Ebay and Reverb.com. any other suggestions on where to buy from to be able to keep this within the $1,600 range. For keyboards/controllers I have an alesis ion and a minibrute and a k Station as well as a xio and others and a rompler or two too.
Last edited by Buzrei on Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

jsharpphoto

Re: How to do

Post by jsharpphoto » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:38 pm

Reverb.com or eBay would be my guess. Use common sense and don't buy for on sketchy people.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

Buzrei

Post by Buzrei » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:40 am

Are you saying these two places I should stay away from? If so do you have any suggestions on anywhere better. I've bought from Guitar Center and been burned more than once. And I've bought from Ebay and am still happy. Sketchy people are what I call Guitar Center. Guitar Center will display a device and give a general lack luster condition statement and have you pay to ship it to the store in your immediate area and your pretty much stuck paying some other penalty fee if it's not what you thought. Using Paypal kind of sorta helps to give a sense of reinforcement that if I get shafted they will go after the guy to make it right, and with Ebay a lot of times shipping is free. Is there a reason not to buy used then I'm wondering. Please Moogites I'd love to join you guys and not be harmed in doing so.
I can buy the sub 37 but I like the slim/little phatty sound better and the minitaur as a sort of bass buffer seems so like something to do. I've got keyboards that I can use in place of buying the little or sub 37, they are not the best but for what little bit I'm gonna do I think this is the way. Now the Reverb.com I'm just finding out exist so if there is a problem there I honestly don't know. So I'm reaching out to you guys for guidance.

jsharpphoto

Post by jsharpphoto » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:11 pm

I was recommending reverb or eBay.

Personally though, unless the moog I wanted wasn't avaliable new, (like the slim phatty) I would buy it from sweetwater. Hands down the best pricing and customer service on the planet. And you get (not only the moog warranty) but an extra year of warranty. I bought my sub37 from them, and then later bought both of my minitaurs there. I won't say exactly how much I paid for the minitaurs, publicly. But it was less than they were averaging, used.

Moog gear rarely goes down in value. Becaus it's Moog.
Moog Format Modular
Model D (2016)
Moog Subsequent37
Oberheim OB-6
Sequential Rev2

grenert

Post by grenert » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:43 pm

Yes, with most retailers you can get a better deal by giving them a call. I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't get all three brand new for $1600. I really like Sweetwater as well, but I see that they appear to be out of the Slim, or at least it doesn't appear on their website. I probably bought the last one :twisted: They do have the Minitaur, however.
You could also check Musician's Friend and the MIDI Shop. I've had good luck with both of those places before.
Moog stuff: Slim Phatty, Minitaur, Mother-32, Werkstatt x2, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-108M
Running Moog software on Win7 64-bit
Dreams of a Voyager XL some day...

grenert

Post by grenert » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:39 am

Quick! Today is your lucky day! Slim Phatty for $449:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid
Moog stuff: Slim Phatty, Minitaur, Mother-32, Werkstatt x2, MF-103, MF-104M, MF-108M
Running Moog software on Win7 64-bit
Dreams of a Voyager XL some day...