RE: Mini / Multi - Home Recording (FX)?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
monsterjazzlicks

Re: RE: Mini / Multi - Home Recording (FX)?

Post by monsterjazzlicks » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:10 pm

Piktor,
Piktor wrote:Sorry, but I couldn't help with that. Here's my cheap substitute: http://youtu.be/cEtOGgYBy-I
Very WELL DONE my man! Superb.

I never seen anyone use the MOD WHEEL with finger_2, and the RIBBON with finger_4. I use either finger_2 for the MOD WHEEL (and dismiss the RIBBON altogether), or instead, my THUMB flicking between the RIBBON and the MOD WHEEL.

Best,

Paul

monsterjazzlicks

Post by monsterjazzlicks » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:17 pm

Hiya,
monsterjazzlicks wrote:What I was specifically trying to achieve was to record a jazzy track using the MULTI exclusively. So to not include any other keyboards if possible. In any case, I don't think I will be able to perform what I had originally planned (something like a STAN GETZ solo) and so I am going to have to find a workaround of sorts. I think that I am going to have to use my ROLAND XV5050 module and NORD STAGE CLASSIC alongside the (self created) MULTIMOOG SAX patch in my (hopefully!) soon coming jazzy demonstration.
I have FINISHED a SAX/JAZZY demo using the MULTIMOOG (and also ROLAND XV505 module), but, having EXPORTED it from CUBASE, I now need to work out how to use CAMTASIA in order to turn it into a VIDEO. Not sure how long this might take as CAMTASIA is a whole learning curve on it's own.

Ta,

Paul

Piktor

Post by Piktor » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:41 am

Thanks for the generous review Paul. I am looking forward to hearing your latest project. Good luck with sorting out the video stuff.

P

monsterjazzlicks

Post by monsterjazzlicks » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:53 am

Piktor
Piktor wrote:Thanks for the generous review Paul. I am looking forward to hearing your latest project. Good luck with sorting out the video stuff.
No problem mate,

I am not sure how long it will take me to learn the CAMTASIA basics! But the recording is done at least.

Paul

monsterjazzlicks

Post by monsterjazzlicks » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:49 am

Hi Piktor,
Piktor wrote:I am looking forward to hearing your latest project. Good luck with sorting out the video stuff.
Have had my head buried in the Cubase manual for the past 4 x months!

Not that I need any more damn synths, but I won a KORG POLY 61 a few weeks back for 200 quid off eBay. Its great, but needs a few quid spending to get it up to shape. Got some lovely ZAWINUL type FAT sounds out of it!

Ok, the MOOGY SAX JAZZ creation is on it's way now. Hopefully the weekend. It should be well worth the anticipation :mrgreen:

Best,

Paul

monsterjazzlicks

Post by monsterjazzlicks » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:29 am

Howdy guys,

Well may I present to you my very first MOOG BIG BAND arrangement, painstakingly created by individually stacking in each brass/reed instrument (over 6 x weeks last summer!). Piano and Bass parts were recorded on the Nord Stage 88 and Roland XV5050 (module) respectively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enqdk3Vkav4

I decided to go for SECTION colours rather than INDIVIDUAL instruments (ie. Sax SOLI, BLOCK Brass and TUTTI).

I was striving for a Jaco Pastorius type chromatic (walking) BASS LINE that would provide a tension/release counter-part to the MELODY LINE.

If this does not get me a half decent gig then nothing will :?

Laters dudes . . .

Chick!