Minimoog D via Beatstep/Dark Link

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
little

Minimoog D via Beatstep/Dark Link

Post by little » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:07 am

Dear moogers,

i have a question regarding the tuning, using arturia beatstep or doepfer dark link and a Minimoog model D, Serial above 11000:

status: setup is fine here, everthing works, but the tuning/stretch is too wide - about a semitone over 4 octves.

the mini's tuning itself is fine (i did a calibration years ago, and don't remember exactly how...) - the both boxes behave the same - and are not adjustable (arturia, doepfer i would have to call).

a moog expert told me, that the devices should be adjustable, as every moog/synth is a little different and does not need exactly 1V/octave.

but maybe you have different experiences? is there a different way by recalibrate, so the internal and external keys would match?
would be great to hear about.

thanks & a great day

little

Re: Minimoog D via Beatstep/Dark Link

Post by little » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:48 am

update: it's probably possible to adjust the dark link in a certain range - but the the warranty will be gone. and i don't know, whether this fits, till i did it.

so, what do you think is the best way to make them two fit together?

slirak

Post by slirak » Fri May 01, 2015 11:22 am

If I understand you correctly, your Model D wants a bit less than 1 v/octave? Then you should be able to make a very simple passive attenuator, to trim down the voltage from either of your boxes. The diagram at the link below should do it, but change the value of the pot to 50k instead of 500.

http://s177.photobucket.com/user/yekuku ... f.png.html

little

Post by little » Sat May 02, 2015 4:44 am

very good, thank you slirak i'll give that one a try, when i'm home again - seems to be the easiest way.

little

Post by little » Mon May 11, 2015 12:01 pm

i ended up with a 10k-trimpot between the both 'hot' (red) lines - and first via 100k to the ground (Black). too wide... when i removed the ground at all, it worked perfect.

thank you very much for your input - the scale is now perfectly adjustable --> arpeggios unlimited...