MIDI mapping now possible on Filtatron

Share Model D, Model 15, Animoog and Filtatron tips and tricks. Unleash your creations on the world.
hudd01

Re: MIDI mapping now possible on Filtatron

Post by hudd01 » Tue May 05, 2015 10:04 pm

gbevin wrote:
hudd01 wrote:@gbevin: Perfect, thanx! The midi cc states are saved on closing now! Wrote this before i could check out 1.4.1
Wonderful, thanks for confirming!
Used the app a lot during the last evenings...
Works fine. No significant issues.
Just two little cosmetic things:
- if i go to settings -> Filtatron - version 1.4.0 still appears. and it is selectable by a checkbox...
- if i use/route Filtraton's virtual CoreMidi Interface (in midimux), it is named "animoog" instead of "filtraton"...

gbevin

Post by gbevin » Wed May 06, 2015 1:06 am

hudd01 wrote:Used the app a lot during the last evenings...
Works fine. No significant issues.
Just two little cosmetic things:
- if i go to settings -> Filtatron - version 1.4.0 still appears. and it is selectable by a checkbox...
- if i use/route Filtraton's virtual CoreMidi Interface (in midimux), it is named "animoog" instead of "filtraton"...
Many thanks for the report, it's great to hear that you didn't encounter any real issues.

We had just submitting a new update a few hours ago. Since these cosmetic things were so easy to fix, we pulled it and resubmitted with those fixed. Thanks a lot for letting us know!
Geert Bevin
Software Engineering Manager
Software Product Manager
Moog Music, Inc.

hudd01

Post by hudd01 » Wed May 06, 2015 6:45 pm

Great support!
Lot of companiess leave their customers/users alone if they experience any issues with their products.
Thank you for being responsive. As soon as the new version appears in store i will check it out and report my experience.

If it is off topic to post a feature request here, please let me know.
When you will "overwork" the view/landscape behavior in future, maybe it would be possible to add this sexy feature ;-)
if filtatron could switch to the coresponding view on getting the mapped-to midi-cc command. F. ex. when I'm in main-view and i trigger the cc value, which is assigned to the amp/drive parameter in fx-view, I could get direct visual feedback.
It would also make sense if this feature could be de-/activated anywhere in the midi setttings.
Better, and more professional: if the app would change its view on receiving special, additional midi-sysex messages together with the cc-values... A dream!

Btw, i use an old doepfer drehbank as midi controller. Linear knobs, no automation, no possibility to see the current value.
But... I am totally free to manipulate which midi data/values/types are sent on touching the knobs.

At this point, maybe someone could give me a hint?
Actually I'm reading a lot and trying out different techniques to find a solution...
Im running different music apps on multiple iOS devices.
My goal is: when i send a certain midi data/value/type, the corresponding app should:
1) switch from background to foreground
2) switch its view to the affected midi cc-value/data

Until now, I learned that, due to apples sandboxing technique, it is not possible to bring one app to foreground from another. Absolutely d'accord. Security reasons...
So, 1) seems only be possible if the generator-, filter- or output-app is embedded in a host-app. like Audiobus, Apples inter-app-audio, OMAC, jack... Btw, I'm personally very disappointed that Apple locked out the jack open source community :-(

But, has anyone found a usable solution, how to switch remotely (via midi) between different apps???
And additional, option 2) seems to depend on how the app is programmed...
That's why i am posting my feature request here.

Such a request is not realized in 5 Minutes, i know. It's just a wish.
But, hey, im sure, im not the only one musician that would be happy if it could be possible to see the parameter moving directly on the device, i am editing with my hardware controller...

Animoog will be definitely the next candidate to integrate to my setup, as I find a general solution for this.
Thanx in advance!

emanuelaus

Post by emanuelaus » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:31 pm

Hello everyone,
Sorry but I tried to map CCs using samson graphite 49 and I couldn't work it out. As the user guide hasn't been updated yet, I don't know how to manage it. Can someone help me ?
Thanks a lot & Best regards,
Emanuel