Sub Phatty LFO sync to Host Issue

Everything Sub.
BrokenLand

Sub Phatty LFO sync to Host Issue

Post by BrokenLand » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:44 am

Hey Guys, So I just got a sub phatty and I'm having an issue within Logic X. I want the LFO to be synced to my host bpm. I create a software instrument, select external instrument, pick the correct midi ( USB ) and audio input. I then load up the sub phatty editor on the same track. The editor seems to be working, any knob movement done on the sub phatty is shown on the editor. The problem I'm having is that the LFO doesnt seem to be in sync with Logic X, am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks in advance !!!

dhocks76

Re: Sub Phatty LFO sync to Host Issue

Post by dhocks76 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:05 am

I'm figuring this one out too..

I did notice however that IF the editor (and channel strip) are set to other Midi channels (IN and OUT) than 1, the editor behaves erratically in Logic.(LFO Range and KB AMT, MIDI SYNC do not work etc..)
So try this first, however I'm not sure this will fix it since I also have some issues with LFO syncing.

But again, if you're using other midi channels than 1, first try setting in and out to channel 1!

dhocks76

Post by dhocks76 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:07 am

Probably as i'm thinking about it. You might try sending 'MIDI clock out' in logic to the Sub Phatty.
I cannot test it right now, but that might be the trick?

I'll test this later today and report here! :)

willi

Post by willi » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:59 pm

When synced you can still vary the lfo speed, it is just no longer fully free running. In sync mode you can choose subdivisions such as half note, quarter note, and others by using the lfo speed knob; also check that your modulations are not being mixed with incoming CVs or internally generated envelopes.
Sub Phatty, MF-101, MF-103, MF-104z, & MF-105
http://www.earth2willi.com