[SubP] Bass & Sub Bass - Layering Questions

Everything Sub.
nofuturenocore

[SubP] Bass & Sub Bass - Layering Questions

Post by nofuturenocore » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:26 am

Hello,

So before I bought the SubP I was only making my sounds with VST Synth;
The way I was doing my Bass patch was in 3 Parts:

- High Frequency Layer ( ~ 3000 - 20000 Hz )
- Mid Frequency Layer ( ~ 85 - 3000 Hz )
- Sub Bass Layer ( 20 - 85 hz )

I was doing that because I was using a lot of processing on the Mid & High Frequency Band ( Distortion, Saturation, Chorus & Stereo Processing ) and from what I've learn on the web, the Sub Bass has to be as clean as possible for Big Sound Systems ( Club's ones for example).

Since I get the Sub Phatty I stop doing this because of simplicity, but I'm actually trying to make some more complete tracks and I want to know if you think that I must do this again.

I'm asking this because I don't use Distortion anymore after recording, sometimes a bit of Saturation and Chorus and high Frequency Boost on my recorded Bass Patch but I try to use only the Multidrive to make my sounds Gritty and Trashy.

But some of my patch a a little bit "complex" to add just a basic Flat Sub Bass on them ; So my question is ;

Should I when I make a Bass patch;

- Duplicate it when It's done and just change the waveform to something cleaner ( like a triangle wave cut around 300-500 Hz ) with Multidrive, WaveMod, & Resonance down to 0 , while keeping the same Pitch Amt, Filter Amt, Glide rate and Lfo Rate as well as the EG Amount ?

- Make a ready to go sub Bass Patch for all my Bass ?

- Or a Bass Patch with Multidrive, Resonance, Beat Frequency, Osc2 Frequency etc etc will sound good in the Sub Bass Range on a large sound system ?

Thanks.

NoFuture.