Polymoog Keyboard: A Plea For More Respect

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
megavoice

Re: Polymoog Keyboard: A Plea For More Respect

Post by megavoice » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:13 am

MC wrote:The other foible is those d#mn trimpots. They are open frame CTS trimpots and prone to aging from oxidation. The same ones used in OBX and a common cause of failure. Both instruments were pioneer units with a lot of R&D, but in order to recoup costs they cut corners on the trimpots.

A restoration isn't complete without 100% replacement of trimpots. That day is creeping closer for my Polymoog...
Oh yes, that's a nightmare, as well on the Chroma, MM and so on. My tech is a great supporter for replacing and always about to work on.
Really, very important spot in many old synths.

And "Chapeau" for your taking out your Poly for gigging. You're courageous :D . I'd never do.

As for the ergonomics with the switch-buttons in the front-line I agree, they're very well placed, but playing temperamentally they're often been hitted unwillingly. This sometimes results in "undetected" soundchanges. ...........More discipline is afforded :D
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fu** the prom queen." —Sean Connery to Nicholas Cage in "The Rock" (1996)
I've never seen any real prom queen here in my country, but if we had some they'd
**** with everyone.