CP 251 with "classic" minimoog?

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
rachel

CP 251 with "classic" minimoog?

Post by rachel » Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:28 am

Hi,
I have a "Classic" MiniMoog and was curious if the CP-251 is worth getting for it?
What will the CP-251 bring to my MiniMoog?

It has the usual inputs and outputs but has also been modded professionally some time in the past to have a standard CV/Gate input on 1/4" jacks as well.

I would like the analogue delay too, but they are just too rare now - thankfully I have
my old Amdek analogue delay for now.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who is using the CP-251 with their Classic MiniMoog.
I also have a doepfer A-100 (mini) and roland System-100 modulars as well.

thanks.....
rachel

ebolaboy2000

Post by ebolaboy2000 » Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:24 pm

Hi Rachel,

I use a CP-251 with my Korg Mono/Poly, specifically to add another LFO and S&H capabilities. I had also looked into starting a small modular system using Synthesis Technology MOTM modules, but you can't beat this for the price. I'm glad I bought it.

Later

sir_dss

Post by sir_dss » Sat Nov 22, 2003 7:33 pm

Analog Delays....

The MF-104 is quite fantastic. I have 2 that work(not for sale) so great with the X/Y/A pad of the Voyager.

...but I just got a Blacet Time Machine that is insane. 2 seconds of Delay with C/V control, and a built in LFO to warp the time sweep. It's wild. It also has a CV input for an envelope so you can "squash" the delay to 10ms and then gradually release it to 2 Seconds as your signal releases. Totally Kevin Shields MVB sounds with a guitar, and just bent with a synth.

http://blacet.com

sorry this got off topic

FIGS

Re: CP 251 with "classic" minimoog?

Post by FIGS » Wed Dec 17, 2003 1:03 pm

Hi Rachel,

You wrote:

>I have a "Classic" MiniMoog and was curious if the CP-251 is worth getting for it?

I currently use a CP251 with my Model "D" Mini.

>>What will the CP-251 bring to my MiniMoog

The onboard LFO is useful as a modulator for pitch, filter or loudness.

Although I have the 1125 Sample-and-Hold module, the one on the CP251 add another level of complexity and irregularity to the set-up.

The four channel mixer (and spare attenuators) are possibly the most useful components for me, as I have the 1130 Percussion Controller and 1120 Pedal in addition to the S&H and rather than re-patching all the time, I just turn things up or down on the 251.

The "hidden" low pass filter within the onboard S&H circuit has been useful too, if not by accident.

I had always hoped for a better LFO for the Mini (OSC3 control is cool and all) and the range of 251's LFO is great! Expression pedal control to boot!

Highly recomended.

Osci-later,

FIGS
Thom Fiegle
-synthesist

agermani

"Hidden" low pass filter?

Post by agermani » Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:22 pm

The "hidden" low pass filter within the onboard S&H circuit has been useful too, if not by accident.
FIGS, what is this "hidden" low pass filter that you speak of residing in the CP-251's sample and hold? I'm very intrigued.

The CP-251 is definitely money well spent for anyone who owns a Model D. You'll be amazed at what you can do with just it and a few patch cords. And getting an expression pedal or old-school voltage pedal will take your modulation fun to the next level. Go for it, buy a CP-251!

FIGS

Low Pass in CP-251

Post by FIGS » Mon Jan 12, 2004 7:28 pm

If you follow the user's guide lead (page 13), it speaks of the second S&H output (the "smoothed one") to actually be low pass filtered. The "cutoff" being tied to the LFO rate.

I generally use a source other than the noise as the input and express pedal the LFO rate to sweep the filter.

Within the S&H function, its a neat twist.

No, it is not like the low pass filter pedal.

Hope this helps,

FIGS
Thom Fiegle
-synthesist