Phatty arpeggiator possible bug

Everything Phatty.
stiiiiiiive

Phatty arpeggiator possible bug

Post by stiiiiiiive » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Hey Mooguys.

First, happy Christmas to every one. I took the opportunity of this special day spend muuuuch time with my dear Moog bits and hope everyone is enjoying as much as me, whatever they are doing :)

So, long story short, the "Value" encoder click of my Patty is broken; I can turn, I can't push. Hence the impossibility of turning on the arpeggiator without any MIDI controller.
Today, though, I found a cool workaround. I used internal pot-mapping so that I can switch it on :) That gave me theopportunity to explore a bit the arp menus and playing with that, I observed something weird.

While in MODE = ONCE and PATTERN = UP, if you press a chord, the notes will sound in a way that the arpegio is played one time only. That is normal. Now, set the the GATE LENGTH to >100% and try this:

- Fisrt, press a chord and release the keys just when the last note is played: the Phatty becomes silent as soon as the last note has been played for 100% of an arpeggiator step.
- Press a chord and hold the keys down at least one clock division after the last note has been played. Now, the Phatty won't become silent untill you play anything else.

I've just re-read the v3.1 addendum but there doesn't seem to be anything dscribing this. Bug or undocumented feature?

stiiiiiiive

Re: Phatty arpeggiator possible bug

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:30 am

Anyone?...

Stop eating turkey and chocolate, people!! :lol:

Sir Nose

Post by Sir Nose » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:12 am

I have noticed arp bugs. Can't remember the one that got in my way. Been a while since I've use the phatty arp. I think it had to do with unwanted latching too.

That phatty OS still needs some work. I sure hope moog has not given in and called it finished. They crammed a lot in to get the biggest mass appeal right before the slim came out and lost some of it's soul. I haven't fully gotten along with things once there were global arp and LFO settings. Not that I don't like the idea, I do. It was the implementation that was a mess.

Benjamin AM

Post by Benjamin AM » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:31 pm

Stiiive,
Your right, I also experienced a stuck note with those parameters. Hopefully we'll see an update soon. I would like to see LFO/Arp sync in the update.
Little Phatty Stage II, Rogue, Cp-251, Soldering Iron

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:41 pm

Ha. This is good news, thanks for trying this out.
I'll send a mail to Moog then.

I hope for an update soon. The LFO/Arp sync is something several forum fellows asked back.

stiiiiiiive

Post by stiiiiiiive » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:24 am

I cannot seem to find the Phatty OS update thread, but Amos, if you read this, I hope you knew about it :)

Amos

Post by Amos » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:06 pm

got it. yes a Little/Slim Phatty update is definitely on my summer work list.
I'm finishing Sub Phatty firmware/editor this week and next, then i'm on to a Minitaur update, then Little/Slim Phatty.
Thanks for your patience, and keep posting any requests you have or bugs you find in the meanwhile. :)

cheers,

Amos