Clusterflux Meaty Beat

Plug in here for info tips and strategies for your Moogerfooger Analog Effects. Connect more than one for plenty of fun!
hooshirn

Clusterflux Meaty Beat

Post by hooshirn » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:27 pm

Is it just me are doe's this Clusterflux have a meaty'r overdrive than the other Fooger's/
here's and Example with no other fx, straight drum machine through Clusterflux

http://soundcloud.com/phattcharlie/fluxface

I'm currently fascinated with the this Fluxed up Fooger and have been knob twisting on it for a few day's, stole the show away from my new Voyager XL believe it are not

Here is and ambient loop with a Novation Ultrastation running through the filter's on a Minitaur and into the Clusterflux run into a Murf finally processed with a wacky reverb

http://soundcloud.com/phattcharlie/wishfulwisdom

I like it myself though I think the reverb may have been too much, it took away most of the panning movement of the Murf, still a work in progress

Anyway back to the question what do you think Flux overdrive as compared to other Mooger's?
Voyager XL, Minitaur,Theremen+, Fooger's, Midi delay and Midi murf, Freq box X 2, Ring mod, 101 Filter, Novation ultra station, ZR 76, MC808, Bent Casio's, 3 Speak and Spell's , M audio black box,Korg Monotribe, Ipad's with Animoog, Filtron on and on..

Vitja

Re: Clusterflux Meaty Beat

Post by Vitja » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:28 am

It sounds different.
I do not own one, but I can tell right off, that this sounds different than MF-101 Drive.
One thing more that I like it on Clusterflux. For me it is just to expensive.
I do not use chorus or flanger at all. I know that it is much more that that...
I have to get FreqBox and Furf first... than Phaser... Maybe one day :D
Nice demos btw.
Gear:Slim Phatty, Arturia Minibrute, Casio MT-600, MF-101,MF-102,MF104Z,MP-201,CP-251,Ibanez John Scofield, PRS custom 24, circuit bent Kawai R-100,Circuit Bent Roland TR-505, Boss Dr55, Akai MPK 25, Ensoniq DP/4, RME Fireface 800, tons of guitar effects.

hooshirn

Post by hooshirn » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:24 pm

I came into bit of money and decide to set up and all moog system with as many Mooger's as I could afford

I bought the Clusterflux last after spending almost seven hundred on the Midi Delay. The price was up there and I was considering a lot of thing's including the minibrute at that price point I had alot of other options, I don't regret this purchase in the least.
it is the most flexible Fooger I have sound creation wise. It work's extremely well with the Murf my former favorite before the Cluster. I don't have the Phaser and I'm trying to scrape together enough cash to get one, I think it is a rather important element in the Fooger line, then perhaps a CP 251, the can't possibly afford it list go's on.....
Voyager XL, Minitaur,Theremen+, Fooger's, Midi delay and Midi murf, Freq box X 2, Ring mod, 101 Filter, Novation ultra station, ZR 76, MC808, Bent Casio's, 3 Speak and Spell's , M audio black box,Korg Monotribe, Ipad's with Animoog, Filtron on and on..

nectarios

Post by nectarios » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:36 am

Yup, MF-108 drive sounds different to my MF-102 drive. I do put my x0xbox through it for some mild overdrive acid lines.
I love flanger and although I don't use chorus, I do end up using the chorus of my MF-108 from time.

Best sounding flanger I have ever heard, the Cluster Flux is.
Eurorack, 5U, x0xb0x, Moog Slim Phatty, MF-102, MF-103, MF-108, CP-251, Beatstep Pro, Nord Lead 1, NI Maschine, MXR-104, ProCo RAT2, Big Muff π Bass, Logic Pro 9.
http://soundcloud.com/martianarts

n2design

Post by n2design » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:47 pm

Do you have some tracks using your midi murf?

n2design

Post by n2design » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:52 pm

nectarios wrote:Yup, MF-108 drive sounds different to my MF-102 drive. I do put my x0xbox through it for some mild overdrive acid lines.
I love flanger and although I don't use chorus, I do end up using the chorus of my MF-108 from time.

Best sounding flanger I have ever heard, the Cluster Flux is.
The fulltone choralflange is pretty good 2

unfiltered37

Post by unfiltered37 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:05 pm

I have always thought my 104z has a better preamp overdrive than any other fooger I've used, but I haven't tried the 108 yet.