Moog discontinued products + eBay Opportunists

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
David Bulog

Moog discontinued products + eBay Opportunists

Post by David Bulog » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:34 am

Expect to see some serious Ebay price rises of the now discontinued Taurus 3
http://forum.moogmusic.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13684
and expect to see the Taurus 1 shoot back up there to the 4K mark

This happened with two recent Moog products that were discontinued the 104Z delay and Midi/CV convertor pedal

thealien666

Re: Moog discontinued products + eBay Opportunists

Post by thealien666 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:51 pm

Maybe.

But that didn't happen (yet) with the now long discontinued Voyager Old School. Some stores even still have brand new ones in stock, and still at the regular price. And that was produced in relatively limited quantity. I suspect the same thing might happen with the T3.

As for the 104Z price going up, it's all a question of demand. Analog delays are still very popular, for their more "organic" sound.

Moog Music is simply dropping "not-profitable-enough" products, and wisely so. It's a small company that can't justify keeping producing products that don't sell that well. They'll probably concentrate, for now, on the Voyager, the Minitaur, and the Little Phatty/Slim Phatty, along with their most popular Mooger Fooger models.

But I agree that prices for T1 and Minimoog D will probably still be rising (for units in very good condition at least).
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

filtered

Re: Moog discontinued products + eBay Opportunists

Post by filtered » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:46 pm

I think in 5-10 years you'll see the T3 and OS prices start climbing- still too fresh, in my opinion