Moog Preset Synthesizer in Thomas Monticello 372 Project?

In a Moog Mood? Here's a forum for discussion of general Moog topics.
keyman2

Re: Moog Preset Synthesizer in Thomas Monticello 372 Project

Post by keyman2 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:50 am

It could well be that unless you have a specific interest or wish to engage that particular instrument or its sounds, you will get a lot more from the likes of a very affordable Volca Keys. or Arturia Micro/Mini Brute . As for myself, electronics and music is my hobby - I already have a Volca Keys, but want to make the Satellite work and possibly enhance it as a challenge. ; )

On the other hand, the Yamaha CSY-1/SY -1 was a proper classic synth, having a rich sound and having a clever 'aftertouch' interface vs. the more limited Satellite ( described as being, "A rinky dink version of the Minitmoog") Plus, it's a fairly quick and easy construct using standard off the shelf components - Definitely not a product of quality audio engineering, design and construction nor reflecting the enhanced technology and interface of the current or earlier Moog product lineup... like the Minimoog, Moog Sub Phatty, Sub 37 and awesome Moog Voyager.

keyman2

Re: Moog Preset Synthesizer in Thomas Monticello 372 Project

Post by keyman2 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:17 pm

You've got quite the talent - your combined MS synths is another great one...
noddyspuncture wrote:I actually managed to do this type of 'surgery' successfully on a Yamaha CSY-1 organ - and ended up with very nice and playable SY-1 synth.

Of course I had to make a case for it all but it was fun... :wink:

Cheers,
Tom