Show us your Minimoog Voyager !

Tips and techniques for Minimoog Analog Synthesizers
n2design

Re: Show us your Minimoog Voyager !

Post by n2design » Thu May 10, 2012 4:22 pm

thealien666 wrote:
n2design wrote:nope thats south loop. Im on lake and wells, little farther north
Yeah, very little farther north... :wink:

My friend went to Chicago last year on a business trip, and she stayed for three weeks at the Oakwood apartments...
HAHAHAA, thats my building, Im on the 33rd floor. wow, small world

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Thu May 10, 2012 4:42 pm

I recognized the view from the photos she took...

Small world indeed. I wish I could have gone with her. I would have loved to have seen "Gotham City" from "The Dark Knight" in person.
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

n2design

Post by n2design » Thu May 10, 2012 4:47 pm

thealien666 wrote:I recognized the view from the photos she took...

Small world indeed. I wish I could have gone with her. I would have loved to have seen "Gotham City" from "The Dark Knight" in person.
I was in that at the federal reserve scene :)

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Thu May 10, 2012 6:24 pm

n2design wrote:

Do we see you, even for a single frame ? If so, around what time index in the movie ? Just curious...

To get back to synthesizers, Hans Zimmer, who composed the music for this film, is a big fan of analog modular synths. He has quite a collection...
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

n2design

Post by n2design » Thu May 10, 2012 6:33 pm

thealien666 wrote:
n2design wrote:

Do we see you, even for a single frame ? If so, around what time index in the movie ? Just curious...

To get back to synthesizers, Hans Zimmer, who composed the music for this film, is a big fan of analog modular synths. He has quite a collection...
Yeah, Im in a couple of spots. I was redesigning the fed's website when it was shooting so alot of the fed workers were out on the sidewalk as extras. Its the scenes where they tried to assassinate the mayor as he gave his speech to all the police chiefs. It was really crazy cause I didn't even know they were going to be filming there that day. I was running late, all hungover as hell, and I came up against these barricades, so I went up to the first cop I saw to tell them they needed to let me through so I could goto work. The guy laughed at me and said, I'm not a cop. I look at his badge on his jacket and it says gotham city, lmao. I got some pics around here somewhere, I'll try and post them.

I see alot of films shooting where I live at in the loop. Also see some other crazy bleep. Here is a utube I took from my balcony of an urban warfare drill for nato. shot this a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3aHdkWNIVE

n2design

Post by n2design » Thu May 10, 2012 6:37 pm

thealien666 wrote:
Yeah, he's badass!!

thealien666

Post by thealien666 » Thu May 10, 2012 6:48 pm

n2design wrote:... The guy laughed at me and said, I'm not a cop. I look at his badge on his jacket and it says gotham city, lmao....
Hahahaha! I can only imagine your face when you saw that !

BTW, in that utube vid those black choppers look like a scene from a fiction film ! It's quite rare that they're allowed to fly at this low altitude, especially along a canal in a busy city !
You sure live in an interesting, albeit sometimes scary place !

Maybe we shouldn't hi-jack this thread though...unless the thread starter doesn't object ? How about it Red ?
Moog Minimoog D (1975)
DSI OB6
DSI Prophet REV2
Oberheim Matrix-6
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DW8000
Behringer DeepMind 12
Alesis Ion

drcarver

Post by drcarver » Fri May 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Boom.

New album available!

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/chriscarver

BHC303

Post by BHC303 » Fri May 11, 2012 8:31 pm

Some Nice setups & views!

Here's mine, the cockpit, ready for take off :lol:

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Fri May 11, 2012 10:22 pm

Is that desk an Ikea? If so, that Voyager will go BOOM! one of these days. :shock:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

BHC303

Post by BHC303 » Fri May 11, 2012 10:37 pm

Na its no ikea desk, the rest is ha ha

Just sat some mdf board on my audio desk so I could fit things on the ends, the XL rendered my rack panel (behind it) kinda useless now :lol: running out of room... small price to pay for such a sweet synth :mrgreen:

Just a temp job, I am staining up some nice bits of timber to sit on the desk to complement the XL

Voltor07

Post by Voltor07 » Sat May 12, 2012 12:23 am

BHC303 wrote:Na its no ikea desk, the rest is ha ha

Just sat some mdf board on my audio desk so I could fit things on the ends, the XL rendered my rack panel (behind it) kinda useless now :lol: running out of room... small price to pay for such a sweet synth :mrgreen:

Just a temp job, I am staining up some nice bits of timber to sit on the desk to complement the XL
Cool! :mrgreen:
Minitaur, CP-251, EHX #1 Echo, EHX Space Drums/Crash Pads, QSC GX-3, Pyramid stereo power amp, Miracle Pianos, Walking Stick ribbon controller, Synthutron.com, 1983 Hammond organ, dot com modular.

miditerranean

Post by miditerranean » Sat May 12, 2012 7:12 pm

Doing some basic sequencing from the modular to Voyager Old School!

red

Post by red » Sun May 13, 2012 6:58 am

Thank you all for showing your Voayagers! I like the different views... go ahead!

and:
Voltor07 wrote:Is that desk an Ikea? If so, that Voyager will go BOOM! one of these days. :shock:
It's depend on the model - I'm using an IKEA table called Galant - it's very stabel and has adjustable legs, so you can adjust it to a comfortable playing position... Perfect for my heavy XL!

Enjoy your sound :D
::red

ebo

Post by ebo » Sun May 27, 2012 6:24 am